+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T FAO Brin

O/T FAO Brin

Brin walked through the place of my birth today back to the Mecca that is Treeton and I have a few questions

Does the wiggles still run through Brinny
    Why does it smell of weed near Ellis street
    Is it safe to go in the magpies, there was 8 police vans outside there pre-lockdown
    Does cooplands still sell those shortcrust mince beef and onions pies that gives you heart burn but it’s worth it

Ps....CAM give this thread 30 mins before closing it down

Gm gm I live in Brinsworth so answer a couple of those
    It smells of weed down Ellis St area presumably there’s a few young uns down there doing it not saying they live in Ellis street but it’s that area it’s coming from
    As regards the Magpies would say stay away it’s obviously shut at the minute but let’s just say it’s not the pub it was

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Gm gm I live in Brinsworth so answer a couple of those
    It smells of weed down Ellis St area presumably there’s a few young uns down there doing it not saying they live in Ellis street but it’s that area it’s coming from
    As regards the Magpies would say stay away it’s obviously shut at the minute but let’s just say it’s not the pub it was
    Thanks Uttis, shame the Maggies has gone down hill

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Thanks Uttis, shame the Maggies has gone down hill
    Used to have some great games against them in the 90s Sunday league.

Terrior still there? Had some good sessions in there with one of my old workmates

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Brin walked through the place of my birth today back to the Mecca that is Treeton and I have a few questions

Does the wiggles still run through Brinny
    Why does it smell of weed near Ellis street
    Is it safe to go in the magpies, there was 8 police vans outside there pre-lockdown
    Does cooplands still sell those shortcrust mince beef and onions pies that gives you heart burn but it’s worth it

Ps....CAM give this thread 30 mins before closing it down
    gm_gm, apologies for the late reply. To answer your questios:

Does the wiggles still run through Brinny - I think you mean Wiggies meaning Wigmore busus, then no they don't.
    Why does it smell of weed near Ellis street - Can't say I've stopped around that area of Brinnie, even when passing through for a short cut so can't comment. Not one of the areas I'd ever choose to live in but, each to their own as they say.
    Is it safe to go in the magpies, there was 8 police vans outside there pre-lockdown - The Maggies. Use to be a decent public house when I first moved here back in 88 but another generation of youth has spawned and grown and I think you know the score. Can't hold their ale or behave in a mature manner, group fights etc eventually gave the pub a bad name and if it were open now, not one I'd frequent.
    Does cooplands still sell those shortcrust mince beef and onions pies that gives you heart burn but it’s worth it - Don't do Cooplands but yes the shop is still there.

Brinsworth in itself is a very large village and covers some ground. Good for location, easy access to the town if you need it. Meadowhall 3 mile away. Easy access to the motorway, some good schools so all in all I suppose I've made my base here now and can't see me relocating anytime soon. Then again if I cop the Euromillions that would have a say on things.

Trust this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Terrior still there? Had some good sessions in there with one of my old workmates
    Yes The Yorkshire Terrier is still here but for how long not sure. I know the landlord really well and he once said the brewery wanted £280,000 for the pub and all the land. That was about 5 years ago but at the time he wasn't in a position to buy it outright though.

Think it could be snapped up at the right price now and levelled to put 10 houses on it. Can't see planning permission being a problem as it is in a residential area. A proper killing to be made there if you've the clout and contacts to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gm_gm, apologies for the late reply. To answer your questios:

Does the wiggles still run through Brinny - I think you mean Wiggies meaning Wigmore busus, then no they don't.
    Why does it smell of weed near Ellis street - Can't say I've stopped around that area of Brinnie, even when passing through for a short cut so can't comment. Not one of the areas I'd ever choose to live in but, each to their own as they say.
    Is it safe to go in the magpies, there was 8 police vans outside there pre-lockdown - The Maggies. Use to be a decent public house when I first moved here back in 88 but another generation of youth has spawned and grown and I think you know the score. Can't hold their ale or behave in a mature manner, group fights etc eventually gave the pub a bad name and if it were open now, not one I'd frequent.
    Does cooplands still sell those shortcrust mince beef and onions pies that gives you heart burn but it’s worth it - Don't do Cooplands but yes the shop is still there.

Brinsworth in itself is a very large village and covers some ground. Good for location, easy access to the town if you need it. Meadowhall 3 mile away. Easy access to the motorway, some good schools so all in all I suppose I've made my base here now and can't see me relocating anytime soon. Then again if I cop the Euromillions that would have a say on things.

Trust this helps.
    Thanks Brin, I left in 89 when the Maggies was a hub and a great place to be.

Those Cooplands pies were amazing but you had heartburn for 3 days after

Wouldn’t be surprised about housing on terrier site eventually a la the atlas pub and also as I never thought they would shoehorn houses at the side of the sidings pub upwards on the cliff edge but they have done.if they build there they can build anywhere..

When I was growing up, living in Tinsley, Brinsworth was (and still is lol) the next “village’ up Bawtry Road.

It was a place that Tinsley folks wanted to move to, the houses were new, the pubs were new, the schools were new and it was further away from the dirt and grime of industrial Tinsley/Templeborough

Folks used to proudly say ‘we’re moving to Brinsworth” as a moving up in the world comment.

Oh, how it’s changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast