+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Crucial Weeks

Two Crucial Weeks

By February 1st we will see if our new owners have provided funds to strengthen the team. I am willing to wait till then, and I am hopeful that we will have some new blood in.

If this isn't the case then I will really worry about the club.

New owners, yes. But with a lot of debt attached, and the same squad.

I am confident that the new owners want the project to succeed, and for this to happen there obviously needs money to be invested in the team.

I don't think any Prem club has made a notable signing as yet, so I am happy to see how it plays out.
    If they fail to do so, then we would have been in a much better position with the original board.

And, worryingly, Alan Pace has contracted Covid. I wish him all the best and hope that he is able to operate OK in this crucial two weeks.

You only need to look at our next few fixtures and that will tell you where we will be at the end of February.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    By February 1st we will see if our new owners have provided funds to strengthen the team. I am willing to wait till then, and I am hopeful that we will have some new blood in.

If this isn't the case then I will really worry about the club.

New owners, yes. But with a lot of debt attached, and the same squad.

I am confident that the new owners want the project to succeed, and for this to happen there obviously needs money to be invested in the team.

I don't think any Prem club has made a notable signing as yet, so I am happy to see how it plays out.
    If they fail to do so, then we would have been in a much better position with the original board.

And, worryingly, Alan Pace has contracted Covid. I wish him all the best and hope that he is able to operate OK in this crucial two weeks.
    I think 59 it will also tell you about our previous board who are Burnley fans and have nothing but the clubs best interest at heart let’s not forget.

Troy Deeney on his way up for a medical today, or so I'm told.

We have 4 strikers already, none of whom are scoring, mainly because they don't get many chances, how will Deeney alter that, we'ii just have 5 non scoring strikers, unless Vydra leaves, then we'll be back to 4 non scoring strikers.

Not sure if you are bluffing BT but posted that on't other channel.

Get you headlines ready.

"Troy Story"
    " Epic Fail"
    "Itsy bitsy ****y weeny - yellows sell us clapped out broken Deeney"

It would cause some ructions if this is the case. Is he worse/better than what we have got or is it just meh?
    Last edited by CaspertheClaret; 20-01-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Not sure if you are bluffing BT but posted that on't other channel.

Get you headlines ready.

"Troy Story"
    " Epic Fail"
    "Itsy bitsy ****y weeny - yellows sell us clapped out broken Deeney"

It would cause some ructions if this is the case. Is he worse/better than what we have got or is it just meh?
    This came from a 'phone call this morning from my one and only reliable "inside" source Casper. Don't shoot the messenger...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We have 4 strikers already, none of whom are scoring, mainly because they don't get many chances, how will Deeney alter that, we'ii just have 5 non scoring strikers, unless Vydra leaves, then we'll be back to 4 non scoring strikers.
    Deeney has the "X" Factor sinkov. We need some fire in our striker's bellies, he'd be worth a shout until the end of the season I reckon.

I think Vydra will be on Do One Airlines asap.

Attachment 18117

It has always been my belief that given the opportunity both Wood and Barnes will score goals. The problem for me is that the delivery of the ball in to goal scoring opportunities is the root of the problem. We play far too deep most of the time. A more attacking approach is desperately required.

I watched the Foxes last night. OMG I can't be doing with Rodgers, but Leicester really are a joy to watch.

If only we would approach our games with the same mentality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)