+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goal Celebrations

Goal Celebrations

I know it will be difficult for players not to hug and celebrate a goal but it they want to keep the show on the road they are going to have too. Leicester managed it with a joke and a laugh but others didn't.
    I noticed MoD last night cut away quickly from anyone ignoring the advice after they scored, Chelsea being one.

Leicester have led the way & proved it possible it's now up to the rest to follow or I think they will make it a bookable offence as they did with removing your shirt to celebrate.

Aren’t they tested just before a game?

Are they going to ban tackling and scrums in Rugby!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Are they going to ban tackling and scrums in Rugby!
    No because that is actually part of the game, hugging etc. Isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Aren’t they tested just before a game?
    I think they're tested twice a week now, as opposed to once a week before, but I think you can still be positive with a low viral load and it will show as negative. Plus I suppose it normalises hugging if people see footballers doing it.

I love to hear that used as an excuse as persons get fined for organising a 30 person house party in Basildon.

"But the footballers are allowed to hug when they score a goal"

With cancellations aplenty and...
    No fans
    No celebrations
    No point?

Must admit that after watching football on a screen I feel a strange compulsion to meet up with people outside of my bubble, line up very closely in a wall with them and place my hands over my genitals, or wrestle with them in anticipation of an imaginary corner kick.

Lol

Leicester as mentioned showed that it's perfectly possible to celebrate.

They've been interacting over 90 minutes, but certainly not as close as some of the goal celebrations.

There have been high-profile violations by some footballers of the Covid rules - can't remember any demands for them to resign, or need for a public statement.

In the public eye you have many privileges, but also huge responsibility too to set a good example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast