+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation thread...

February will be the defining month if you look at the fixtures.

As a fan, over the years the best times were when we were doing well in the Championship and even winning it. We had the feelgood factor, we were winning more than losing and we were looking up all the time. Once in the Prem it is the complete opposite and after a few years it does get depressing, especially when our football is so negative. It's like we play almost every game as though we are away from home and just sit deep inviting teams to attack us. In the past we were getting a few one goal wins but now they are one goal defeats and relegation beckons but as has been said it may not be a bad thing.

I've seen Dyche turn things around before against all logic and reason... he could do it again... But I totally agree that it's getting harder to watch and the vision to take the football to a higher level seems to be lacking both in manager and board.

On the few occasions when we actually take Teams on and attack them we look quite impressive. The front two are taking a bit of stick but if we got balls to them goals would undoubtedly follow. Playing too deep even with a defence as good as ours is fine until you concede and that is where the problem begins because under the present system it is difficult to see where our goals will come from. It has to be remembered that Sean Dyche played under the watchful eye of John Duncan whilst at Chesterfield and it makes me wonder if some of Mr. Duncans tactics are being employed at Turf Moor. The echoes of 'Boring, Boring Duncan' used to resound from under the Kop at Saltergate on many occasions.

I watched Liverpool yesterday and their front three are as bad as our front two.

Goalless draw on Thursday anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I watched Liverpool yesterday and their front three are as bad as our front two.

They started quoting statistics on MOTD2,how many consecutive games they'd gone without failing to score and how they had failed in their last two.We are next up on Sky,I think it could be a depressing night,I am wondering how to approach it.Do I just assume we will lose and look for positives or do I approach it with hope?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    They started quoting statistics on MOTD2,how many consecutive games they'd gone without failing to score and how they had failed in their last two.We are next up on Sky,I think it could be a depressing night,I am wondering how to approach it.Do I just assume we will lose and look for positives or do I approach it with hope?
    We spoiled their perfect home record last season and they were made as hell about that. Remember the Robertson rant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

The strangest stat about the Liverpool game is that, dreadful and inept as we are at putting the ball into the onion bag, we've scored more than them in the last 3 PL games. Not that I expect it to make the slightest difference to the outcome.

Nine points in February and we can close this thread...

Attachment 18236

Amazing how a good week can change things around. Clarets have gone from 6/4 to 8/1 to be relegated now..Dyche has turned things round for the moment .need to pick up points against our nearest rivals now

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)