+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation thread...

Who's Doggert ? Do I know him as another nene ? Anyway welcome back Doggert.

Hey mate,

No, sir. I've not been under anyother nick. Haven't been too active lately, but that will most likely change. Call it the covid-effect as I'm fed up of sitting home

Quote Originally Posted by doggert View Post
    Hey mate,

No, sir. I've not been under anyother nick. Haven't been too active lately, but that will most likely change. Call it the covid-effect as I'm fed up of sitting home
    You and me both mate! The wife is f**king sick to the back teeth of me and ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You and me both mate! The wife is f**king sick to the back teeth of me and ditto!
    I so much understand the situation

Alto have you any idea how to merge this thread with the one Alf has duplicated?

Well Newcastle are certainly doing their part in keeping the relegation dogfight open. They have lost their main goal scorer Wilson and will struggle if anything happens to ASM. Bruce is about as inspirational from his technical area as a drowned goldfish. I get the impression that Graeme Jones has been brought in from Bournemouth to take over when Bruce either gets the push or decides the dog’s abuse he is daily subjected to is too much for his family to take. Are the powers that be at Newcastle hoping he will resign rather than have to sack him and pay compensation? Sheffield United are surely doomed and we will know how we stand in relation to Fulham and West Brom after this week’s games. In the absence of Ben Mee a draw against the Cottagers would not be a bad result.

In order to pass the time away and exercise the brain I decided look back to the 7th week of the season when we were bottom of the league with 1 point.
    At this time Southampton had 13 points, Newcastle 11, Crystal Palace 10, Fulham 4, West Brom 3 and Sheffield United 1 point.
    After week 17 --Southampton had 29 ponts, Newcastle 19, Palace 22, Fulham 11, West Brom 8, Sheffield United 2 and we had 16 points.
    After week 24, with us an a couple more clubs only having played 23 games up to tonight the situation is:-
    Southampton 29 points, Newcastle 25, Palace 29, Fulham 18, West Brom 13, Sheffield UNited 11 and we have 26 points.

Basically, in the last 17 match weeks, we have picked up 25 points, Palace 19, Southampton 16, Newcastle 14, Fulham 14, West Brom 10 and Sheffield United 10 points.

We would drastically have to drop off the pace to be relegated, particularly as the other teams at the bottom have all got to play each other.

That is a reassuring analysis SS6

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Specifically opened to discuss the spectre of relegation.

It will be closed immediately once our fate is decided.

For me, with Dyche's "Stubborn is as stubborn does" mentality, we are goners.
    No we aren't.

BT is the eternal pessimist outwardly but inwardly he is an optimist like the rest of us. UTC!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)