+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation thread...

Question Relegation thread...

Specifically opened to discuss the spectre of relegation.

It will be closed immediately once our fate is decided.

For me, with Dyche's "Stubborn is as stubborn does" mentality, we are goners.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Specifically opened to discuss the spectre of relegation.

It will be closed immediately once our fate is decided.

For me, with Dyche's "Stubborn is as stubborn does" mentality, we are goners.
    Sadly BT I’m with you on this one , I can’t see how he’s going to change the style to make us more of a threat.

I posted at the previous game where the front men can’t take a ball in and hold it and also because of this the midfield can’t - doesn’t get to them in time to support hence our back four is constantly under pressure .

If I you Alf Alto Balan Sinkov Casper etc can all see it and Ally Mcoist in commentary commented on it yesterday why can’t Dyche.

Mcoist - front men can’t hold the ball - front men don’t have any pace to trouble defence for ball over top .- there is two large a gap between midfield and front two —- they’re going to struggle to create anything , all comments from Mcoist in the game .

The only positive for me were the two centre backs and Mcneil ( hard to judge westy and Brownhill as constantly defending when we can’t keep ball )———- after that you could put question marks against all the rest of them , were doomed.

Up until yesterday I thought we were safe enough, but that performance, other results and the realisation that our new owners are going to give Dyche no more help than Garlick did, has made me think again. We are up to our necks in the mire, it's no longer clear that there are going to be three teams worse than us, in fact it's getting hard to believe that there will be.

Personally don’t think we will go down or be anywhere near it. In all honesty it doesn’t bother me if we do.

What does bother me though is the style of play. I am a big Sean Dyche fan and I have scoffed at people having a go at him over the years. I have always thought like most that given time and money we would evolve back into a good team to watch. Think back to the days when the likes of Ings/Paterson/Vokes/Gray etc etc were here, there was movement and excitement. I hoped once he found his feet then Sean would ease us back towards that. I can’t see it coming.

Our defence is superb. The middle of the park is ok - I like Westy and Brownhill but there is not enough creation. Brady/Gudmunsonn and Dwight aren’t playing like wingers and therefore create nothing for our massively out of form front two (whichever 2 out of the 4 you pick) -it’s not working and it’s shoite to watch.

I would rather be relegated and go back to the drawing board than watch this pale turd of a Premiership plan for the next few seasons.

I still think they’ll back Dyche this window - however if not it could be evolution / revolution as well get relegated - Dyche will leave ( whilst I’m a big fan of his - it does feel somewhat like we’re an old 45 with a scratch in it and we keep doing things over and over again- kind of Groundhog Day ).
    Me and the wife going back a few years used to laugh at some musician bird Lucy Spraggan ( from our area ish on like X factor ) she was a bit George formby ish with here guitar —— our standing joke was “Same old Sh-t as last week” ( do it in a G formby accent - humour me ) .
    That’s how it feels to me know

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Personally don’t think we will go down or be anywhere near it. In all honesty it doesn’t bother me if we do.

What does bother me though is the style of play. I am a big Sean Dyche fan and I have scoffed at people having a go at him over the years. I have always thought like most that given time and money we would evolve back into a good team to watch. Think back to the days when the likes of Ings/Paterson/Vokes/Gray etc etc were here, there was movement and excitement. I hoped once he found his feet then Sean would ease us back towards that. I can’t see it coming.

Our defence is superb. The middle of the park is ok - I like Westy and Brownhill but there is not enough creation. Brady/Gudmunsonn and Dwight aren’t playing like wingers and therefore create nothing for our massively out of form front two (whichever 2 out of the 4 you pick) -it’s not working and it’s shoite to watch.

I would rather be relegated and go back to the drawing board than watch this pale turd of a Premiership plan for the next few seasons.
    If I had to edit the above I wouldn't change a word. I concur with everything Casper has posted, my thoughts exactly, all of it. Which might be a bit worrying for you Casper.

On second thoughts though, I do think we might go down.

I think Fireman Sam will get plenty of backing this window as he already has and rescue West Brom and then we will replace them.Sad but there will be no serious investment as we no longer have the funds in the bank to invest.
    Without that investment we are bound for the Championship.There are maybe 3-4 players in our present squad who are PL standard-Tarks,Mee,Pope and Mcneil.The rest are grafters who cant create, spread the ball, dribble and crucially score to PL standards.Dyche knows that and probably explains the tactics.Therefore if we cannot score we are doomed because over 90 minutes most opposition will sooner or later find our net as we have seen in recent games no matter how good the defence is.At the moment we look much more likely to concede than to score so it is not rocket science.

The difference from the previous four seasons is that Wood would have been onside when Cresswell popped one in for us, and Jay Rod would have scored late on instead of spurning a golden opportunity.

Fine margins that we are constantly on the wrong side of is what is causing our demise, but it would help if we could actually start a game on the front foot.

No money for any transfer activity? Have we been robbed? The Police should be called.

Don’t rule out Newcastle, Palace and Wolves, either. On current form they are not exactly setting the PL on fire either. Both Bruce and Nuno, under considerable pressure themselves.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)