+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pitch problems

Pitch problems

So another limp performance but the pitch took the headlines.
    What an absolute state it looked and will need addressing at the end of the season for sure.
    I have seen better non league pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    So another limp performance but the pitch took the headlines.
    What an absolute state it looked and will need addressing at the end of the season for sure.
    I have seen better non league pitches.
    I like how the inept manager blamed the pitch. Classic. How about the rest of the season Tony? Blaming that on a bad pitch?

Bradley dack has now labelled the pitch a shambles after tonight's postponement.
    Negative publicity along with failing performances,all is not rosy in the garden.

Bradley dack has now labelled the pitch a shambles after tonight's postponement.
    Negative publicity along with failing performances,all is not rosy in the garden.
    This will be a problem moving forward. It is not a newly laid pitch that will sort this issue. It's drainage which will cost £4.1m. The whole pitch will need to be dug up, go down several feet and it will cost a fortune. Sadly we have a touch decision to make. Invest in the team, and Academy. Or the pitch.

For the record, we had no grass on this pitch in 95 and had one of the worst pitches in the country and still won the league.

also, we have only had 2 games called off in 11 years.

The team is openly moaning about the pitch and the one thing this team could do with currently is morale.
    The positive outlook the first few months is replaced now by nothing but negativity.
    The wheels are starting to buckle badly it's either fixed soon or it will come flying off,much the same as this message board recently.
    One thing that has to stop is training and playing on the same pitch,if brockhall is a no go then what about somewhere else local?

The team is openly moaning about the pitch and the one thing this team could do with currently is morale.
    The positive outlook the first few months is replaced now by nothing but negativity.
    The wheels are starting to buckle badly it's either fixed soon or it will come flying off,much the same as this message board recently.
    One thing that has to stop is training and playing on the same pitch,if brockhall is a no go then what about somewhere else local?
    I think the players, who have all let us down this season one by one, need to concentrate on playing football.
    Bradley Dack would be inside doing time for breaking his court order had it not been for Mowbray and the club sticking by him. So he can shut the fk up.

Its a muddy pitch, in an area that has had more snow and rain than any other part of the country. Its nothing to do with our club, more the area we are in.
    I feel too much is being made of this. Swansea had to call 2 games off before xmas and re-lay their pitch. It happens.

We have indoor facilities. Use them.

Any player moaning can fk off and leave, back to div1 where most of them belong. See how the Accrington Stanley train. See how S****horpes pitch looks.

The trouble is, with our players. None of them have achieved a single thing in football between the lot of them. But yet they all have by far the best facilities outside of the Prem.
    A bunch of nobodies, being well paid, with wonderful facilities, all having it way too easy..
    We lose quite alot, I wish they where as concerned about that. They could not give two ****s.
    Getting changed in a portacabin for 12 months. Playing on a bog. I feel these lads need this and a major dose of realism.

No wonder we are going nowhere.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)