+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Millers v Potters Tues 7:45 KO

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    A change of tactics required for this game as Stoke are pack hunters, they go forward as a pack and defend as a pack so for me we have to play the counter attack game with a change to 4132 and hit them on the break 352 will not cut it this time IMHO that is.

Yes I was thinking we might need to change tactics, probably one or two players as well

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So do we change to accommodate their style of play or do we make them change to accommodate our style of play, or both?
    Good question CAM but as Stoke seem to play the same way whoever they have played away this season I cannot see them changing and if that is the case then it would be stupid to stay with the 352 because it would cause them no threat and put us at a huge disadvantage. IMHO our best chance of the 3 points is to play on the counter and stil have a good few defenders to cope with their pack hunting system. 4132 would be my choice.

Don’t forget to be on I-follow before KO to see the the remembrance on screen

Programmes still available on line

No red button so £10 I-follow
    Last edited by millertop; 18-01-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Two good things about the Stoke match tomorrow are they have a Friday night fixture against Watford but we have a blank weekend so we can give it a good go and have a week to recharge.

Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    4h
    Big congrats to #rufc boss Paul Warne, the manager who never wanted to be a manager. Tomorrow’s home clash with Stoke City is his 200th game in charge.

Happy birthday to Barlaser today as well

Get them points lads

Great milestone for the bloke.

I'm thinking Paul Davis could make it an extra special evening for Warney and do something that is sure to guarantee us the win.

Could he pass on BigladonOS contact details so he can help Paul with our team selection against Stoke. Warney would surely be chuffed to bits and could benefit from the blokes extensive knowledge of the game.

What a fantastic gesture that would be.

Come on Paul Davis. Make it happen.

Stoke were the most physical side we played against and bullied us a bit, but they are hot and cold

Another winnable game

3 having treatment although all three should be available for Tuesday night. Depending on injuries and the recovery rate of Richard Wood I would go with the same starting eleven. If I did make one change it would be Freddie Ladapo and put Crooks on the bench for a rest but I don't think PW will do that.
    Get Ben Wiles to rough Jordan Thompson up a little. Thompson is a decent player and puts some quality crosses and free kicks in for the likes of Fletcher.
    No need to nullify them all over the pitch, just play our own game. I hope it's a better game than we had down there when we lost 1-0 and created nothing. We owe them one.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    great milestone for the bloke.

I'm thinking paul davis could make it an extra special evening for warney and do something that is sure to guarantee us the win.

Could he pass on bigladonos contact details so he can help paul with our team selection against stoke. Warney would surely be chuffed to bits and could benefit from the blokes extensive knowledge of the game.

Come on paul davis. Make it happen.
    LOL Brilliant
    Last edited by redhouse; 18-01-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Great milestone for the bloke.

I'm thinking Paul Davis could make it an extra special evening for Warney and do something that is sure to guarantee us the win.

Could he pass on BigladonOS contact details so he can help Paul with our team selection against Stoke. Warney would surely be chuffed to bits and could benefit from the blokes extensive knowledge of the game.

Come on Paul Davis. Make it happen.
    He could do worse and not listen to me. Lets see tomoz ok

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast