+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reinforcements needed at Turf Moor

Tarks had it covered but unfortunately Mee got a touch which just took it over him. Unlucky in that respect. Brady was the wrong side of Antonio, he should have been goalside. It did look like the defenders weren't talking to each other, or not listening.

Two weeks left on the transfer window and nothing.

No rumours, no targets, just business as usual.

A leopard never, every changes its spots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Two weeks left on the transfer window and
    Nothing will come of nothing. speak again (King Lear). We all know how that ended.

I am going to plagiarise that V_C and say: Fortunately, I remember going onto Turf Moor, when it was not whether we might win, but how many goals we would win by.
    I still have dreams of watching Blacklaw, Angus, Elder, Adamson, Cummings, Miller, Connelly, McIlroy, Pointer, Robson and Harris ripping teams to bits.
    Flasks of milky coffee, treacle bits in paper and John Connelly ripping down the right wing before slotting one in across the visiting hapless keeper.

I am going to plagiarise that V_C and say: Fortunately, I remember going onto Turf Moor, when it was not whether we might win, but how many goals we would win by.
    I still have dreams of watching Blacklaw, Angus, Elder, Adamson, Cummings, Miller, Connelly, McIlroy, Pointer, Robson and Harris ripping teams to bits.
    Flasks of milky coffee, treacle bits in paper and John Connelly ripping down the right wing before slotting one in across the visiting hapless keeper.
    Yes we were fortunate BT to support BFC through that golden era. In all honesty our reserve side would have held their own in the first division as Chelsea will no doubt remember.

It is unfortunate now that we have to suffer week in and week out with a team and manager who seem to have lost the knowhow to score goals.
    Last edited by Vintage Claret; 18-01-2021 at 10:33 AM.

My era too, and our kop wasn't the Longside, we were at the Cricketfield end.

In the Paddock with my grandad and as soon as I was old enough to go on my own, it was the Bee Hole End for me, right behind the goals.

Me and my mate Dave used to get there for 1.30pm to get player's autographs and take up our rightful positions!

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    My era too, and our kop wasn't the Longside, we were at the Cricketfield end.
    In the early year when I went on with my dad it was in the enclosure, but when I could go on on my own it was the cricket field end, but once remember in a cup tie, can't remember which one could only get on the Bee Hole end and it poured down that afternoon but as we won it did not seem to matter being soaked to the skin.

I think I would have preferred a new centre forward and a right winger...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...aking-19646511

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    In the early year when I went on with my dad it was in the enclosure, but when I could go on on my own it was the cricket field end, but once remember in a cup tie, can't remember which one could only get on the Bee Hole end and it poured down that afternoon but as we won it did not seem to matter being soaked to the skin.
    My Dad used to take me in the Enclosure then and get me to the front.Some great games against Spurs in those day and I remember being very impressed with a certain Mr.Greaves.Seem to remember some trouble then when we played Everton as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)