Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Deid! Psycho wall of sound creator edition.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,876

    Deid! Psycho wall of sound creator edition.

    Phil Spector, 81..... whilst detained.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,818
    After his treatment of the divine Veronica, it’s nae ahin time.

    Name:  AB2554D5-0528-4FC6-BE4A-38834426F672.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  7.9 KB

    Your man Springs**** owes him, as does Brian Wilson.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    After his treatment of the divine Veronica, its nae ahin time.

    Name:  AB2554D5-0528-4FC6-BE4A-38834426F672.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  7.9 KB

    Your man Springs**** owes him, as does Brian Wilson.
    He was a bad un, but Be My Baby is IMHO the greatest pop song ever*

    * will no doubt swither next time I hear Tears of a Clown, but its one of the two.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    182
    I'll probably have the same conflicting thoughts when Polanski carks it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,818
    Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    He was a bad ‘un, but Be My Baby is IMHO the greatest pop song ever*

    * will no doubt swither next time I hear Tears of a Clown, but it’s one of the two.
    Impeccable taste, as one would expect. A constant dilemma of choice that changes each day. Be My Baby certainly. Smokey without doubt. California Dreaming, Midnight Train To Georgia, Bring It On Home To Me....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Impeccable taste, as one would expect. A constant dilemma of choice that changes each day. Be My Baby certainly. Smokey without doubt. California Dreaming, Midnight Train To Georgia, Bring It On Home To Me....
    For me your last two are more classic soul than pop, if you know what I mean.

    Ill add Dustys I Only Want to be With You which of course took the Wall of Sound approach. The whole 60s girl group thing, which incidentally spurred Dusty to go solo, owes so much to Spector. Off down a you tube rabbit hole. Reparata and The Delrons here I come!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,876
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    After his treatment of the divine Veronica, it’s nae ahin time.

    Name:  AB2554D5-0528-4FC6-BE4A-38834426F672.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  7.9 KB

    Your man Springs**** owes him, as does Brian Wilson.
    Indeed, nae wall of sound, nae Born to Run......which would certainly render the world a poorer place.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,876
    Incidentally, I'm reading Craig Brown's (nae that een) "One, two three, four" just now.
    Interesting segment on Mr Lennon's pursuit of Ronnie.
    Last edited by InversneckieDob; 18-01-2021 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Oooh matron

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,818
    Can I just clarify that John Ono Lennon’s pursuit of Ronnie involved the divine Mrs Spector (ne Bennett), and not Ronnie McKinnon the then hun stopper?

    It is rumoured that Lennon told Toyin, Estelle’s daughter, that he’d like “to beef her auntie”, and this was potentially the source of blin lemon’s reference involving the late Phoenix. Lemon has denied this and confirmed that the expression was first used by a former brewer at Keith’s Strathisla Distillery in 1975 when referring to a lithograph image of the distillery’s former mannie, William Longmore. The late Beatle and blin lemon are unrelated. (Reuters)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,687
    Are we talking 60s and 70s pop songs only? Vogue for me has to be one of the greatest pop songs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •