+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F A Cup

F A Cup

Just a heads up for everyone. The tie against Chorley is this Friday evening 22nd with a 19.45 k o. I hear rumblings that there pitch is in a bit of a state. If that is the case it will not suit our lads one bit.

I suppose there is a chance that if the conditions don't improve this week, more rain forecast, that the match could be moved to Moiineux. I think it was Oldham in the last round that moved their game to the away ground.

I think we could do without the distraction of the FA Cup now. It would be good to beat Chorley, without conceding, but thereafter I’m indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I think we could do without the distraction of the FA Cup now. It would be good to beat Chorley, without conceding, but thereafter I’m indifferent.
    Not for me mate. Go for it, there's nowt else.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Not for me mate. Go for it, there's nowt else.
    Agreed!

I also want us to take this cup run seriously. In the circumstances, there's nothing else on the cards. I very much doubt that Nuno will be complacent or underestimate Chorley. Its another opportunity to try and get things right. I only hope that there will be no more injuries.

FYI :
    Chorley – who knocked out Championship side Derby in the third round – will kick off the round against Wolves on Friday, January 22, as one of eight ‘primary’ broadcast selections.

Their match will be live on BT Sport.

Because of illness and injury, I don't think that there was a single first choice player in the Derby team.

If we beat Chorley, we are only two more wins from Wembley. And at least two Prem teams will be knocked out this round as there are two inter-Prem matchups, with the potential for three if Southampton beats Shrewsbury. We get the winner of Shresbury/Southampton v Arsenal. None of those three teams are unbeatable. And while Southampton and Arsenal are in better form than us, they're also more likely to focus on qualifying for continental play through league play.

While obviously staying in the Prem is more important, it doesn't have to come at the cost of a Cup run. The year we qualified for Europa League we enjoyed the run to the semifinals. Some of the most fun I've had as a Wolves fan.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)