+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One For Pass N Move

One For Pass N Move

A bit left field is this one Pass but I thoroughly enjoyed it tonight .

Behind the scenes documentary on Ireland's qualification for the 94 world cup in the US under Jack Charlton .

You don't realise just how much football has changed even from the 90's until you take a step back in time .

https://youtu.be/mZu4cbQ8nrY

Not bad that although it was not the best put together doc I've ever seen

They ed some very good players back then did the Irish. Paul McGrath was a very classy player. Av got his book- 'Back from the Brink' -and it tells of his battle with alcoholism. I ent got rarnd to reading it yit burra will do. A found it on a jumble sale a few year ago and forgot I ed it.

Thaz gotta love Jack Charlton in them post match interviews Said what needed to be said and fekked off. Top bloke. Nowadays these journalists drag out these press conferences and the bore thi to death.

Very passionate fans the Irish and they obviously love their football. Bit of a golden period was that for them. Unfortunately for them I feel Jack Charlton and his long ball tactics got found out by the opposition as the years went on. The game was changing. However, tha cant knock what he did. He took em to 2 world cups and a Euro. Some achievement that.

Not bad that for the combined Great Britain team, with a couple of real Oirish players thrown in.
    Barnsley & Yorkshire's own Mick Mac was the biggest example of that nonsense, playing for your grandparents country.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Not bad that although it was not the best put together doc I've ever seen

They ed some very good players back then did the Irish. Paul McGrath was a very classy player. Av got his book- 'Back from the Brink' -and it tells of his battle with alcoholism. I ent got rarnd to reading it yit burra will do. A found it on a jumble sale a few year ago and forgot I ed it.

Thaz gotta love Jack Charlton in them post match interviews Said what needed to be said and fekked off. Top bloke. Nowadays these journalists drag out these press conferences and the bore thi to death.

Very passionate fans the Irish and they obviously love their football. Bit of a golden period was that for them. Unfortunately for them I feel Jack Charlton and his long ball tactics got found out by the opposition as the years went on. The game was changing. However, tha cant knock what he did. He took em to 2 world cups and a Euro. Some achievement that.
    Reyt book. You’ll enjoy it, I read it, and don’t normally enjoy books like that. From what I can remember of it ( it was one of those books you find in a bookcase in a holiday apartment that folk leave behind when I read it ) he didn’t pull any punches in telling it as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Not bad that for the combined Great Britain team, with a couple of real Oirish players thrown in.
    Barnsley & Yorkshire's own Mick Mac was the biggest example of that nonsense, playing for your grandparents country.
    What about Raheem Sterling Acido ?

Going back Terry Butcher was born in Singapore !! .

Owen Hargreaves , Canada .

Tony Dorigo , Australia .

John Barnes , Jamaica

Didn't Declan Rice play for Ireland under 21's ? .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 19-01-2021 at 06:28 AM.