+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Day break - lets get a couple in

10 Day break - lets get a couple in

After 3 poor / worrying results, club has the luxury of some time out, surely a great time & opportunity to get 1-2, much needed recruits in, some solid MB sessions etc.
    Will the club act, more than likely not, any activity no doubt will happen in last few days of window, and then the old favourite will appear - players way off match fitness / carrying slight injuries / straight into U23s.
    Could, should be important week or so, especially with the league starting to get a bit tighter.

I disagree, this is a horrible time for signings as we've seen in past windows.

Unless something genuinely quality comes up I'd not bother, I'd rather we wait for summer and do good business that strengthens us than panic.

Only thing I'd maybe do is loan someone like Fikayo Tomori or Conor Gallagher if we could, a short term loan maybe with an option to buy but I wouldn't do any permanent business unless like I said the right deal comes up.

I think we have enough to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I disagree, this is a horrible time for signings as we've seen in past windows.

Unless something genuinely quality comes up I'd not bother, I'd rather we wait for summer and do good business that strengthens us than panic.

Only thing I'd maybe do is loan someone like Fikayo Tomori or Conor Gallagher if we could, a short term loan maybe with an option to buy but I wouldn't do any permanent business unless like I said the right deal comes up.

I think we have enough to stay up.
    Agree. I think the most important thing to do is to mow the grass. It is embarrassing and a handicap for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Agree. I think the most important thing to do is to mow the grass. It is embarrassing and a handicap for our team.

Watched a fair bit of the U23s and Llorente was playing and he looked by far and away the best player on the pitch (Phillips, Roberts, Costa and Poveda played too).

Composed on the ball, good in the air and scored with a header. He looked decent in the circumstances against Chelsea if he gets in the team and stays fit he could be the boost we need. He hit a lot of good passes too.

Couple of players I would like to see brought in, as a loan with a chance to sign.

Danny Rose
    Delph or Cook

Thing Danny Ings is having some sorts of contact dispute with Southampton, think he could do a great job for us.

Admittedly the above are ex leeds, but I think we know their quality and that might work in our favour from a transfer point of view.

Waste of time even debating transfers in, if there is little or no prospect of them getting game time, so young (U23 candidates) players are more trouble than they are worth at present, given that we are storming that "league" as is, without any additions.

"Mature" players? Its taken Rodrigo weeks to get to grips with Bielsaball, and he's not exactly firing on all cylinders, Raphina is the stand-out newcomer, but how often would we drop on a player like that (Able to get to grips within 2 or 3 matches), in the positions we need them in, how long would it take (given the limited number of games left that we can reasonably expect to get a result (even if its not a win), for them to get "up to speed" with Bielsa. and how much would it cost to get them?

Not worth it. We have players that can keep us up, youngsters we SHOULD be using in games where its feasible to do so, and club funds would be better spent on giving us a playing surface worthy of the Premiership, not a potato field, and a stadium that can welcome fans back into something that is worthy of their efforts to get there (which frankly, apart from the East stand, ER isn't, and to give anything but the East stand a name that will live forever in our memories (i.e. John Charles, Don Revie) is an insult).

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Couple of players I would like to see brought in, as a loan with a chance to sign.

Danny Rose
    Delph or Cook

Thing Danny Ings is having some sorts of contact dispute with Southampton, think he could do a great job for us.

Admittedly the above are ex leeds, but I think we know their quality and that might work in our favour from a transfer point of view.
    biscuit legs Cook? no thanks.

Danny Rose also......prick.

Great idea.

I’ll have a Timothy Taylor Landlord, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Great idea.

I’ll have a Timothy Taylor Landlord, please.
    I see what you did there - make mine a Guinness but hope we”d get through more than a couple in 10 days 😆

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I see what you did there - make mine a Guinness but hope we”d get through more than a couple in 10 days ��
    Not a bad idea - there is at least some Guinness in the fridge here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)