+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Or next 11 games will define our season

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Seems like the pitch is like one of those old boilers that is beyond repair and has needed sorting out for a few seasons.

Think Angus came out earlier in the season and said the groundsmen needed praise not criticism for managing to make even moderately playable.

They need to dig it up, take out the curent heating and irrigation system and replace the lot which will take 14 weeks!

Anyone remember in the 1980s when Man U installed underground heating and Robson ran into the control box and dislocated his shoulder - crocked him for the World Cup.

I agree with this, with the terrible weather we've had and knowing that the pitch has needed sorting including all the underground stuff I think the groundsman has generally done a good job even getting it playable.

COVID stopped us replacing it as nobody knew when we'd return and then the turnaround between end of last and start of this season wasn't enough time including friendles + restrictions to properly get it done.

With no supporters, might as well forfeit home advantage and play away, on better pitches that suit us.

Would love to see a game played on the soldiers fields - would never happen but be funny as ....

So from that original 11 games I talked about we've now won 3 out of the first 4 giving us 9 and honestly don't think we deserved to lose to Everton.

Next 4 are there for the taking as well, we could win any of them but could also see us losing them. Fancy us against Arsenal more than rest but definitely 2 wins from next 4 maybe pick up a draw as well and we will be right on track for an astounding season.

As far as I'm concerned we've achieved goal one already which was to remain now for me its top 15 spot lets nail that down then look higher.

Fancy us to get a least a point at Arsenal and if the injured players come back and get fit we can have a real crack in some of those games.

As the weather gets better Costa may even find some form

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Fancy us to get a least a point at Arsenal and if the injured players come back and get fit we can have a real crack in some of those games.

As the weather gets better Costa may even find some form
    I fancy us in all of our next 7 games, if we could pick up 4 wins and maybe even a draw that would be brilliant but I am realistic enough to realise one or two of those teams will do a number on us and we will just get unlucky in another one or two.

10 points right now would do me, I'd like 13 because after that it gets really tough and it would just be nice to be in a really strong position going into a hard run so we don't just end up tumbling down table towards end of season

Indeed - if we can get 10 to 13 points from the next 7 then it may free the team from pressure and they can have a proper crack at Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea at home.

Would be nice to see a few fans at ER too even if only a couple of thousand.

Maybe they could allow key workers who have been vaccinated in.

Fans!

Sad to say but some away games are an advantage to us. Arsenal will be one of those. Their pitch is much better than ours now.

no fans really limits the home field advantage.

True and the Emirates pitch is great.

Hope Alioski can renew his bromance with Pepe!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)