+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Or next 11 games will define our season

Can we have Fulham defending like they did against City please?

Beat the teams below us.
    That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Wilder is a very good manager and knows the game as well as being a top bloke - Heckingbottom hasn’t really done much at all in comparison.
    For all I like Wilder he whined endlessley about not signing players but they spent
    23m on Brewster (barely plays behind Sharp and McGoldrick)
    20m on Ramsdale
    6m on Burke (hardly plays)
    3m on Lowe
    3m on Bogle.

50m+ outlay

Season before-
    Sander Berge- 20m
    McBurnie- 19m (Barely plays behind Sharp and McGoldrick)
    Mousset- 11m (Barely plays)
    Robinson- 8m (Loand to west Brom)
    Freeman- 6m (Loaned out)
    Osborn- 4m (One of few who has actually made 10+ appearances)

Total outlay- 65m+

For context also in past two season the total incomings have been less than 1 million in player sales.

So in two seasons for all he 'hasn't' had any money to spend he has spent over 100 million and recouped nothing, he has signed lots of players who he does not use. I could understand if he was scraping around for 3-5 million players but he isn't. He is a coach to me who has a good style but is incapable of actually developing players or adapting when things aren't going well. He did a fantastic job getting Sheff Utd up but that was all with the same players year on year.

Lets also be realistic if he wasn't British, he'd be slated for how bad Sheff U have been this year and in all honesty last season they only did as well as they did because of Henderson without him they'd have been 14th.

Good manager but to me not great, he has not developed any players and has not made a single transfer profit in 2 years and signs players who he then doesn't use because honestly I don't think he is capable of coaching new players into his style.

I might be wrong but just a thought, the ****fest over him just surprises me a little when you really look at the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    For all I like Wilder he whined endlessley about not signing players but they spent
    23m on Brewster (barely plays behind Sharp and McGoldrick)
    20m on Ramsdale
    6m on Burke (hardly plays)
    3m on Lowe
    3m on Bogle.

50m+ outlay

Season before-
    Sander Berge- 20m
    McBurnie- 19m (Barely plays behind Sharp and McGoldrick)
    Mousset- 11m (Barely plays)
    Robinson- 8m (Loand to west Brom)
    Freeman- 6m (Loaned out)
    Osborn- 4m (One of few who has actually made 10+ appearances)

Total outlay- 65m+

For context also in past two season the total incomings have been less than 1 million in player sales.

So in two seasons for all he 'hasn't' had any money to spend he has spent over 100 million and recouped nothing, he has signed lots of players who he does not use. I could understand if he was scraping around for 3-5 million players but he isn't. He is a coach to me who has a good style but is incapable of actually developing players or adapting when things aren't going well. He did a fantastic job getting Sheff Utd up but that was all with the same players year on year.

Lets also be realistic if he wasn't British, he'd be slated for how bad Sheff U have been this year and in all honesty last season they only did as well as they did because of Henderson without him they'd have been 14th.

Good manager but to me not great, he has not developed any players and has not made a single transfer profit in 2 years and signs players who he then doesn't use because honestly I don't think he is capable of coaching new players into his style.

I might be wrong but just a thought, the ****fest over him just surprises me a little when you really look at the facts.
    Not saying he is the best ever but to replace Wilder with Heckingbottom seems a little odd.

Also think Wilder would get them back up again and that squad was more blood and thunder so suspect not having crowds affected them a lot.

Would I want him at Leeds - no - do I think he is the greatest - nope but i do think Sheffield may have made a mistake not just in allowing him to leave but with who they replaced him with.

Hey ho it’s Sheffield though and they come from the lesser part of Yorkshire 😆

Great 3 points today and with Schitty and Pool coming up, not a bad platform.

Do we expect anything from these next two (given particularly what has been going on at Anfield)?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not saying he is the best ever but to replace Wilder with Heckingbottom seems a little odd.

Also think Wilder would get them back up again and that squad was more blood and thunder so suspect not having crowds affected them a lot.

Would I want him at Leeds - no - do I think he is the greatest - nope but i do think Sheffield may have made a mistake not just in allowing him to leave but with who they replaced him with.

Hey ho it’s Sheffield though and they come from the lesser part of Yorkshire 😆
    Think Wilder would be a more Bielsa-like replacement than others being touted, and more passionate than most.

Not saying Bielsa would leave in the summer, but if he did why would we opt for another manager/coach with no experience of our top flight competition?

I’m really gonna have to quit the Smirnoff.
    I think I’ve just seen Wilder suggested as a replacement for Bielsa.

Wilder is showing the hallmarks of being one of those managers that can work with a certain type of player and formation, but is useless when given decent funds to spend. A bit like Bruce or Pardew imo.

I agree he was probably the best person to get Sheffield Promoted again, but as has been pointed out, millions has been squandered in transfer fee and results have got worse. The axe was going to fall

I genuinely don't understand why Heckingbottom keeps getting these high profile jobs, he has done nothing of note.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I’m really gonna have to quit the Smirnoff.
    I think I’ve just seen Wilder suggested as a replacement for Bielsa.
    Down some more and then it will no longer matter!! 😝

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Wilder is showing the hallmarks of being one of those managers that can work with a certain type of player and formation, but is useless when given decent funds to spend. A bit like Bruce or Pardew imo.

I agree he was probably the best person to get Sheffield Promoted again, but as has been pointed out, millions has been squandered in transfer fee and results have got worse. The axe was going to fall

I genuinely don't understand why Heckingbottom keeps getting these high profile jobs, he has done nothing of note.
    Like Warnock who depended on the same players year after year then couldn't do it with us when those same players were in their mid 30s

Wilder is a good manager I'm just not in the camp that thinks he is some sort of genius. If he was that good he'd have built on what they did last year or signed players who he actually uses.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)