+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 in 6

Effective

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    But you won't wear a mask? That is really caring.........
    If wearing a mask since the beginning of July 2020:throughout the U.K. was the way to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus how come it is now spreading out of control.
    The health professionals know that wearing a mask does not make a jot of difference but the politicians advisors tell them what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If wearing a mask since the beginning of July 2020:throughout the U.K. was the way to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus how come it is now spreading out of control.
    The health professionals know that wearing a mask does not make a jot of difference but the politicians advisors tell them what to say.
    But they'll tell us it would be worse without the face coverings. They have no evidence of this of course, and it's clear to anyone with more than three brain cells that they aren't working, but they won't go back on the incorrect decisions they make.

Face coverings work. They reduce the area covered by exhaling,they increase public confidence, and they also give people something to complain about,and not complain about things that should matter more.

Like the total ineptitude of the UK government and how they have spent millions on contracts for mates,how they have botched pretty much every aspect of covid,and how Brexit is a shambles.

Like how kids go hungry while Tory donors get contracts to feed them,but don't.

Or,of course,wearing a mask takes away my freedom,although which freedom it takes away I don't know

Face coverings work. They reduce the area covered by exhaling,they increase public confidence, and they also give people something to complain about,and not complain about things that should matter more.

Like the total ineptitude of the UK government and how they have spent millions on contracts for mates,how they have botched pretty much every aspect of covid,and how Brexit is a shambles.

Or,of course,wearing a mask takes away my freedom,although which freedom it takes away I don't know
    Highest death rate in the world, higher than countries that haven't made wearing face coverings compulsory.

Maybe it's that the UK counts more non Covid deaths as Covid deaths than other countries but, on that fact alone, it's impossible to argue that face coverings work.

Fact is if you breathe out 2 litres of breath you breathe out two litres of breath, OK it may not go as far on each exhalation but it still goes out into the air. A face covering doesn't kill a virus and doesn't even catch it so if we socially distance properly what benefit is there in wearing a face covering?

There's only been 1 physical study into the benefits of face coverings....in Denmark, not a model an actual study.

The study discovered there was no difference in catching or transmitting the virus whether you dressed up like Dick Turpin or not.

3 medical papers refused to publish the results a 4th published the result with certain elements of the report taken out and the authors of the report changing the findings to "No significant difference" which was the UK and Scottish govt posistion way back when we were freeish.

The report was commissioned (no sure if that's the right word) by a pro mask group.

So there's a restriction of freedom right there, freedom of information.

This report as far as I'm aware has never been published in the UK.

Just like the Barrington declaration never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Highest death rate in the world, higher than countries that haven't made wearing face coverings compulsory.

Maybe it's that the UK counts more non Covid deaths as Covid deaths than other countries but, on that fact alone, it's impossible to argue that face coverings work.

Fact is if you breathe out 2 litres of breath you breathe out two litres of breath, OK it may not go as far on each exhalation but it still goes out into the air. A face covering doesn't kill a virus and doesn't even catch it so if we socially distance properly what benefit is there in wearing a face covering?
    The Virus particles are far smaller than any holes in a face mask available to the public.

If you can breathe through it the virus gets out but incredibly it's not the green smog like in the Govt ads.😄

A polethene bag over the head will keep you dry and possibly keep you safer from the virus for about 90 secs after that a cost benefit modelling analysis would suggest you'd be deid.

I still see folk pulling down mask to have a conversation, a few times with checkout folk.

And I think I already posted about the guy who excused himself for pulling it Doon cause he was deaf.

Studies don't discover anything,they provide evidence for a theory. 1 study doesn't really cut the mustard,unless it is replicated with similar results. Over and over again.

I can tell you of a study that shows 1 million people,who always wears a mask when out in public,and none of them have had coronavirus. That still proves nothing, but it would still be 100% accurate

Studies don't discover anything,they provide evidence for a theory. 1 study doesn't really cut the mustard,unless it is replicated with similar results. Over and over again.

I can tell you of a study that shows 1 million people,who always wears a mask when out in public,and none of them have had coronavirus. That still proves nothing, but it would still be 100% accurate
    It was a proper study.

I can tell you of a study that shows 99.7% recovery from covid.....but that's ignored as well.

The Govts are sitting in their respective tents thinking we will be ok in here but outside people's lives, livliehoods, mental and physical health and general well being is deteriorating at a rapid rate of knots.

Until they admit they overeacted......nothing will change.

It's people going to pubs, it's students, it's school children, it's people going to see their gran, it's people not wearing masks.....I'd suggest all pretty much bull and an overreaction. That's not denying covid exits, that's not denying if you are old or have underlying there's a heightened risk of death if you catch a large viral load.

But locking up the world.....is wrong.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)