+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milestone for Warne

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    His main acolytes see what they want to see

Criticising some of PW’s decisions, tactics and overall lack of adventure in some games gets translated into a call for his head.

Under the current ownership, finances and football in general PW is probably the best fit for the club we could wish for.
    Seriously?

In what way have the following comments been MISTAKENLY translated into a call for his head?

"Not the guy to take us any further"
    "Absolute shambles way out of his depth at this this level"
    "Lacks the ability to motivate players"
    "I bet TS regrets giving PW a new contract".
    "Technically inept"
    "No football intelligence"
    "Is showing me nothing when it comes to management of a football team"
    "A failure in this league".

Not to mention the guy who equated Warne's tactics to a definition of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I may be wrong but I have not seen anyone openly say that PW should be fired.
    Really?

Then see my reply to Grist. And if some of your comments aren't in reality a call for his head, then I don't know what are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Really?

Then see my reply to Grist. And if some of your comments aren't in reality a call for his head, then I don't know what are.
    My posts about Warny are mainly about the lack of tactical knowledge and that he needs help in that department. I have been asked who I would replace him with if he went and I have given an answer but not once have I called for him to be sacked.

To be fair though I would not be unhappy if was relieved of the job if we do not manage to stay up this season. Tonight is going to be another big test of his tactical knowledge and I hope he gets it right.

My posts about Warny are mainly about the lack of tactical knowledge and that he needs help in that department. I have been asked who I would replace him with if he went and I have given an answer but not once have I called for him to be sacked.

To be fair though I would not be unhappy if was relieved of the job if we do not manage to stay up this season. Tonight is going to be another big test of his tactical knowledge and I hope he gets it right.
    Biglad, in the eyes of his acolytes he can do no wrong, never makes mistakes and he’s the best thing since sliced bread

So negative comments about him are forbidden

Biglad, in the eyes of his acolytes he can do no wrong, never makes mistakes and he’s the best thing since sliced bread

I hear you Grist but I do not like having words I have not typed or spoken put in to my mouth.

To be even more fair BigLad, and ignoring the inevitable facile meanderings of Grist, your negative comments about Warne have gone way beyond being about his lack of tactical knowledge. More than once you have said that he is not up to Championship standards. How is that not calling for his head?

If Board members don't think Warne is up to the job fair enough. They are entitled to their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    To be even more fair BigLad, and ignoring the inevitable facile meanderings of Grist, your negative comments about Warne have gone way beyond being about his lack of tactical knowledge. More than once you have said that he is not up to Championship standards. How is that not calling for his head?

If Board members don't think Warne is up to the job fair enough. They are entitled to their opinions.
    So you are telling me that he is up to championship standards? It's an easy yes or no question for you that one is.

Time will tell on that one. I believe he should be given the full season at least to prove himself at this level

But you are missing the point. I don't have an issue with people criticising Warne. What I do thinks is pitiful are those who kiss his ar se when we win but whinge and whine and say he is useless when we lose. Some like Grist, do it because they view life generally as some dystopian nightmare and are never happy unless they are having a dig at someone or something. In his world there are only extremes. Those who are right because they agree with him and those who are wrong. Others like Brin, post a none too thinly veiled attack on every aspect of Warne's management and when challenged pathetically claim that these aren't his views, he was just asking the question. In my opinion that is as slippery as Boris Johnson's co ck.

We all claim to be supporters. Maybe we need to check a dictionary to see what that entails

Just answer the points made by Patty.

Congratulations to Warney. Doing a grand job in very difficult circumstances.

Fao Froggy or Cam

Can you tell us if Grist and BigLad reside at the same address?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast