+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left back loan collapses

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    After what 3 games? Was obviously a panic signing, oh well just let Neal sign another one.
    Just replying to Durham's question of why we signed Chicksen.

He regularly seems to forget that each signing is a gamble to some extent, some work out really well, others are ok and some don't and end up being poor signings. You never quite know when you sign anyone.

Surprised any fan needs reminding of this but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Just replying to Durham's question of why we signed Chicksen.

He regularly seems to forget that each signing is a gamble to some extent, some work out really well, others are ok and some don't and end up being poor signings. You never quite know when you sign anyone.

Surprised any fan needs reminding of this but it is what it is.
    He was on trial at Notts, So i assume they must have had sufficient time to evaluate him..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was on trial at Notts, So i assume they must have had sufficient time to evaluate him..
    Obviously impressed in his trial.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Obviously impressed in his trial.
    Enough to earn a contract for a year and sit on his backside in the process..

Not every signing works out. This is extremely common. Forget trials we've had players on loan who have impressed hugely, pen to paper on a permanent 2 year deal and they become bang average overnight.

There are no guarantees when signing a player, you just hope the manager gets more right than wrong. Our recruitment in recent times has been better than I can remember for a long time.

Obviously, look at some of the players we had on loan like Bagan from Cardiff and the keeper Schofield from Huddersfield. Many fans didn't rate them but both are now first team regulars in the Championship.
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-01-2021 at 12:52 PM.

I have no idea why Chicksen isn't performing. Isn't that a more pertinent question? Many at Bolton were sad to see him go by all accounts, and he came with a glowing reputation...so why can't out management get the best out of him in the Conference?

Which other team in our league is able to go out and sign 3 first team players on a whim? It was the same last year too. Ardley has had incredible backing from the owners and frankly needs to deliver. On paper, our squad is head and shoulders above anything else in our division.

It could be a whole host of reasons. Whatever the the most pertinent reason is it's resulted in disappointing displays to date when selected. Ultimately that's on the player. If you don't perform when given the chance you don't play.

I read the same reports so it's been one of the most surprisngly disappointing signings so far. Thankfully they are outnumbered by good signings.

Probably only a handful of clubs in the league can go out and sign 3 players on a whim. We are one of them. This squad should be getting promoted this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12