+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7k easy dough

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree hmac. The expression no one is above the law is being abused. We have created a monster where the law and how it can be interpreted for the financial gain of the legal profession is more important than moral and ethical thought. Be interesting to learn what the legal costs were and more importantly who paid them.
    Who was morally wrong, I'd say the refuser not the the wifey that got 7k.

And unless I'm mistaken it never got to court, it was settled out of.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Looks like someone has spotted a loophole in the system and cashed in.
    Still never read a report on this case, unless it's been covered up for obvious reasons ?
    Case was in Latham st Anne's.

Case brought by kester disability rights.

Service provided didn't dispute they had discriminated just the amount of settlement.

7k was agreed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Homo***ual couple and cake northern Ireland???

You can't discriminate on the basis of disability.....surely if people go along with the ridiculous mask rule they have to go along when the govt allowing exemptions.

Although I once knew a guy who had a reasonably sized firm and told me " he'd never knowingly employed a dab" which I fully supported.😁
    You are right Rross. Disability is not an acceptable reason to discriminate and the shopkeeper would lose if it went to court.
    Agree with Deecom. Someone has spotted a loophole and cashed in.

Legal costs to fight this would be much more than the award. I think the person who got the money should have made some other arrangement to deal with her shopping. I know you are in the same boat Ross but I don't expect that you would behave in the same way.

Homo***ual couple and cake northern Ireland???

You can't discriminate on the basis of disability.....surely if people go along with the ridiculous mask rule they have to go along when the govt allowing exemptions.

Although I once knew a guy who had a reasonably sized firm and told me " he'd never knowingly employed a dab" which I fully supported.😁
    You can’t discriminate on disability that’s correct.

You shouldn’t have to accept that someone else’s disability puts you at risk either though. Whether it’s true or not that’s what the government and medical advice says.

Mrs hmac is exempt but wears a mask shopping for her own, and others, protection.
    Last edited by hmac; 19-01-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Who was morally wrong, I'd say the refuser not the the wifey that got 7k.
    The wifey , and her advisors, are just chancing knuts.

That's what I meant by moral and ethical choices. The law reduces most decisions to money to compensate the person who brings the complaint. It becomes a compromise, bought by the legal system rather than a decision which people can see the rightness of the decision. You obviously take care to protect others, I wonder what comparable actions the wife took?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    The wifey , and her advisors, are just chancing knuts.
    Disagree.

Disagree.
    That’s allowed, but you’d already made that clear earlier in the threed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)