+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid jabs

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Our lasses' parents had theirs on Sunday at Beighton Medical centre. They're 85 & 84 this month.
    According to some newspapers they are going to prioritise BANE groups for the vaccine

Here in the US, true to form The Donald is in full control of the situation and everyone under the age of 16 will soon be fully vaccinated

My father in law is 95 and he has had both Pfizer jabs, one before Christmas, and the second early in Jan.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 19-01-2021 at 03:01 AM.

[QUOTE=Brin;39676783]Get phoning her GP pal. My Mum (85), her Husband (84) and my Mother-In-Law (81) have all had theirs.

I also know of a surgery that didn't have all their appointments taken up due to the bad weather. The GP's in the surgery asked staff if any of their immediate family were able to call in before the surgery closed and they took up their offer and had their family vaccinated rather than the vaccine end up in the bin. Well done that surgery and GP's!

I wonder how much more medication has been destroyed because GP's /surgeries didn't think on their feet and get anyone in off the street so as not to waste anything?[/QUOTE

I know a woman from Brinsworth who is not yet 50 had her jab a couple of weeks ago, her friend phoned up to say there was some going spare at a GPS in SHEFFIELD where her friend worked.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Here in the US, true to form The Donald is in full control of the situation and everyone under the age of 16 will soon be fully vaccinated
    It really does make sense to vaccinate younger working people first ? Like they have in Indonesia !

There’s more value for money in saving a 50 yr old than a 80 yr old ? It could end up with a world full of 80+ year olds and nobody left of working age to pay our pensions !!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    According to some newspapers they are going to prioritise BANE groups for the vaccine
    These guys?

Name:  bane.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  50.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    It really does make sense to vaccinate younger working people first ? Like they have in Indonesia !

There’s more value for money in saving a 50 yr old than a 80 yr old ? It could end up with a world full of 80+ year olds and nobody left of working age to pay our pensions !!
    There is a theory that countries should vaccinate working age people first to get the economies shifting. Not saying I agree with it btw.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post

No one in this country will get vaccinated under 50 unless having underlying health conditions or working in healthcare etc. The risk to people under 50 of dying or becoming really ill from Covid is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    There is a theory that countries should vaccinate working age people first to get the economies shifting. Not saying I agree with it btw.
    Nor should you Wan, it’s a deplorable idea. The reason those younger people are here is because of the older people. As do this we might have well gone down the herd immunity route which would have seen millions of elderly people die from Covid. We wouldn’t need a vaccine younger people can just get on with life and live with Covid but it’s an absolute b@stard of an illness for elderly or already ill people.

By the end of February France are hoping to have 2.4 million people vaccinated.
    One politician said ' at the rate we're going it'll take 5000 years'

Well done Britain. Compared to Europe Britain is streets ahead!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast