+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid jabs

As CAM said, all over the place in the US as well and a bit of a lottery.

Since my county is now making it available to those 65 and older, I put my name down on my healthcare system's online appointments list and was told mid-February at the earliest.

Then saw something called the San Ramon Fire Protection District about 12 miles away was offering online appointments for two coming Sundays for those 65+ so signed up. Was told I was on their waiting list and then a day or so later they offered me an appointment (presumably because of a cancellation.)

I go on Sunday 24 - my wife as well.

I'll believe it when I see it..(going into my arm.)
    Last edited by CTMilller; 23-01-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post

Since my county is now making it available to those 65 and older, I put my name down on my healthcare system's online appointments list and was told mid-February at the earliest.

Then saw something called the San Ramon Fire Protection District about 12 miles away was offering online appointments for two coming Sundays for those 65+ so signed up. Was told I was on their waiting list and then a day or so later they offered me an appointment (presumably because of a cancellation.)

Hope you and the good lady get it pal. 👍

All the best mate.

I just hope you old boys get them ASAP as otherwise I will be the only one on here..... now that would be an echo chamber

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I just hope you old boys get them ASAP as otherwise I will be the only one on here..... now that would be an echo chamber
    Ask gru he will be able help you to acclimatise to the echo chamber.!.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I think there’s at least 4 of us on here under 70

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I think there’s at least 4 of us on here under 70
    Oh, yeh - name them. I'm reminded of an incident on the dinner table at school when the prefect at the top of the table told this first year kid off for not eating his rice pudding. "There's millions starving in China who would be grateful for that, " said the prefect. "Name two, " said the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Oh, yeh - name them. I'm reminded of an incident on the dinner table at school when the prefect at the top of the table told this first year kid off for not eating his rice pudding. "There's millions starving in China who would be grateful for that, " said the prefect. "Name two, " said the kid.
    You’re right fella, I got to me me, Scum and Frog and couldn’t think of any more

I'm under 70, I think ArchieMiller same, we both share same birthday, with our mate Messi.

Sister in-law got her jab, also her daughter same, both working in different care homes, they had it at Dearne leisure centre at Denaby, they said only 4 cars in car park, & only a few in the centre having the jabs, this last Thursday.

Well, that went very well indeed.

Turned up 20 minutes before Mrs CT's appointment (mine was scheduled for 50 minutes later) and were directed into a multi-storey car park in San Ramon. Fire department staff did all the organizing. Were seen within a minute of parking and were vaccinated in the car. Everything explained clearly and vaccination cards issued by incredibly helpful and pleasant medical staff. We were told to sit in the car for 15 more minutes to make sure there was no adverse reaction and were then directed out. All took about 20 minutes from start to finish. We actually left at about the time Mrs CT's appointment was scheduled.

Ours was the Moderna vaccine and we return in 28 days for the second shot. They email to fix the second appointment.

Everything really well organised and stress free. There was a full emergency service on hand in case of an adverse reaction. I'm feeling fine and so is Mrs CT - though she had burning pain initially.

Clearly we've been very fortunate so far - certainly compared with some of the horror stories we've seen on the news here: being dicked around to find an appointment, five hour waits, cancellations etc.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast