+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid jabs

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    You’re right fella, I got to me me, Scum and Frog and couldn’t think of any more
    ME....

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Well, that went very well indeed.

Turned up 20 minutes before Mrs CT's appointment (mine was scheduled for 50 minutes later) and were directed into a multi-storey car park in San Ramon. Fire department staff did all the organizing. Were seen within a minute of parking and were vaccinated in the car. Everything explained clearly and vaccination cards issued by incredibly helpful and pleasant medical staff. We were told to sit in the car for 15 more minutes to make sure there was no adverse reaction and were then directed out. All took about 20 minutes from start to finish. We actually left at about the time Mrs CT's appointment was scheduled.

Ours was the Moderna vaccine and we return in 28 days for the second shot. They email to fix the second appointment.

Everything really well organised and stress free. There was a full emergency service on hand in case of an adverse reaction. I'm feeling fine and so is Mrs CT - though she had burning pain initially.

Clearly we've been very fortunate so far - certainly compared with some of the horror stories we've seen on the news here: being dicked around to find an appointment, five hour waits, cancellations etc.
    Pleased it all went well for you and the good lady.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Well, that went very well indeed.

Turned up 20 minutes before Mrs CT's appointment (mine was scheduled for 50 minutes later) and were directed into a multi-storey car park in San Ramon. Fire department staff did all the organizing. Were seen within a minute of parking and were vaccinated in the car. Everything explained clearly and vaccination cards issued by incredibly helpful and pleasant medical staff. We were told to sit in the car for 15 more minutes to make sure there was no adverse reaction and were then directed out. All took about 20 minutes from start to finish. We actually left at about the time Mrs CT's appointment was scheduled.

Ours was the Moderna vaccine and we return in 28 days for the second shot. They email to fix the second appointment.

Everything really well organised and stress free. There was a full emergency service on hand in case of an adverse reaction. I'm feeling fine and so is Mrs CT - though she had burning pain initially.

Clearly we've been very fortunate so far - certainly compared with some of the horror stories we've seen on the news here: being dicked around to find an appointment, five hour waits, cancellations etc.

Yes President Bidet said it had all gone down the pan

Spain are doing care homes first and giving the second jab 2 weeks later because their health authorities say waiting as long as 12 weeks makes the first dose ineffective. Interesting to hear that Brussels are controlling vaccine allocation to EU member states.

One of my neighbours is 96 year old, still not been contacted regarding getting a jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Spain are doing care homes first and giving the second jab 2 weeks later because their health authorities say waiting as long as 12 weeks makes the first dose ineffective. Interesting to hear that Brussels are controlling vaccine allocation to EU member states.
    Its a shortage of supply from Pfizer and why we delaying giving the second dose.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55666399

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Its a shortage of supply from Pfizer and why we delaying giving the second dose.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55666399
    I'm prob wrong but isn't the reason to delay the Pfizer 2nd jab until week 12 a strategic one from the UK Gov't rather than a supply one. My understanding was that they the gov't think that there will be greater impact to give more people the first jab rather than fewer people both jabs? According to some docs however, there is no evidence that the first jab lasts effectively more than the first 3 weeks (as that wasn't trialled) - they have only trialled it as the 2nd jab coming after 3 weeks for the protection they have quoted. Therefore the danger is that lots of people will be going around feeling safe after the 1st jab for up to 12 weeks whilst in actuality being potentially vulnerable (and of course, with their confidence raised, more prone to taking risks and spreading the virus).

Not sure if my understanding is right there. Happy to be corrected! Hope all here are well

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'm prob wrong but isn't the reason to delay the Pfizer 2nd jab until week 12 a strategic one from the UK Gov't rather than a supply one. My understanding was that they the gov't think that there will be greater impact to give more people the first jab rather than fewer people both jabs?
    Not sure if my understanding is right there. Happy to be corrected! Hope all here are well
    Shortage of supply led them to have to make that choice. The thinking by the Gov was if we used what we had to do as many first jabs as possible it would reduce death rates in the 4 vulnerable groups and buy time to bring supply on stream.

From a newspaper report yesterday "The JCVI has suggested doses should be given 12 weeks apart in order to give the maximum number of people some protection while supplies are limited."

A question that nobody seems to ask. When the 2nd shots get into full flow will that effectively stop first vaccination for those left?
    Put simply. - assume 2.5m available vaccines a week. After 12 weeks 30m will have been vaccinated once. 2.5m shots per week will be needed for the following 12 weeks just to give 2nd shots to the initial 30m leaving no capacity for any new first vaccinations and, more or less, a 3 month gap in first vaccinations.
    Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Yeah, your jab.....

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast