+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid jabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T Covid jabs

Have you got fewer 80-year olds up there? I've just heard that Yorkshire has done all theirs and I only know 2 who've had the jab down here. Maybe you've got less to do 'cos people just don't live that long up there - colder weather, harder life and all that. Or is it because we get loads coming here to retire and then linger in the southern sun? (When they die they move to Bournemouth) Or is it a load of government propaganda? Have any of you had the jab yet or do you know many who have? I've got to wait until they start on the over-70's.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-01-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: O/T Please

Pretty mixed picture round us. We know of some in their mjd 70s who have had the jab and a couple in their 80s who haven't.

Sister-in-law works in a care home, looking after elderly residents, last week was a planned vaccination of the jab, for residents and staff, when it came to vaccinating the staff, it was found there was not enough vaccines sent for them.
    So it was planned for a vaccination of the staff of the home for this week, which has now been cancelled, they will have to wait for a vaccine.
    Surely the management of the care home will have notified the authorities of the total of residents and staff to be vaccinated, but some one has slipped up somewhere.

Easy way to answer that is ask how many on here have had it

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Have you got fewer 80-year olds up there? I've just heard that Yorkshire has done all theirs and I only know 2 who've had the jab down here. Maybe you've got less to do 'cos people just don't live that long up there - colder weather, harder life and all that. Or is it because we get loads coming here to retire and then linger in the southern sun? (When they die they move to Bournemouth) Or is it a load of government propaganda? Have any of you had the jab yet or do you know many who have? I've got to wait until they start on the over-70's.
    Mum is 86 and has heard **** all about a jab

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Mum is 86 and has heard **** all about a jab
    Get phoning her GP pal. My Mum (85), her Husband (84) and my Mother-In-Law (81) have all had theirs.

I also know of a surgery that didn't have all their appointments taken up due to the bad weather. The GP's in the surgery asked staff if any of their immediate family were able to call in before the surgery closed and they took up their offer and had their family vaccinated rather than the vaccine end up in the bin. Well done that surgery and GP's!

I wonder how much more medication has been destroyed because GP's /surgeries didn't think on their feet and get anyone in off the street so as not to waste anything?

[QUOTE=Brin;39676783]Get phoning her GP pal. My Mum (85), her Husband (84) and my Mother-In-Law (81) have all had theirs.

I also know of a surgery that didn't have all their appointments taken up due to the bad weather. The GP's in the surgery asked staff if any of their immediate family were able to call in before the surgery closed and they took up their offer and had their family vaccinated rather than the vaccine end up in the bin. Well done that surgery and GP's!

I wonder how much more medication has been destroyed because GP's /surgeries didn't think on their feet and get anyone in off the street so as not to waste anything?[/QUOTE

I know a woman from Brinsworth who is not yet 50 had her jab a couple of weeks ago, her friend phoned up to say there was some going spare at a GPS in SHEFFIELD where her friend worked.

Yes they’re starting over 70’s now so if any over 80 haven’t had theirs you should get on phone

Think it only lasts a maximum of 5 days once de-thawed so if GP's have had a poor take up for what they have ordered there could be wastage. The snow wouldn't have helped locally.

I don’t think it’s advisable to be phoning your G.P.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast