+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 18/Jan/1992 Notts v Man U pics from County Road

18/Jan/1992 Notts v Man U pics from County Road

Taken by a Man United fan. The above is the best one, there's a couple more here....
    https://twitter.com/paulenglish1961/...97491715330050

Some selected comments......
    "Was at that game, possibly the worst ground I’ve ever visited"

"I was there as well. All I can remember from that game was a bizarre song that the Notts County fans were singing about a wheel barrow & the wheel fell off Face with tears of joy"

"United were awful and we got a fairly soft penalty to equalise "

"I think that was the last time I had a pee in football ground toilet with no roof on "

Possibly the last time Man United fans were ever able to pay on the day at an away match going by some other comments.

Notts fan comment
    "We will be back".

I have an appalling memory of my childhood; I remember being at this game. Clayton Blackmore scored their penalty, right? Wasn't it something like a soft handball against Drapes?

Damn, that Notts team; I would have been 8 years old. I believed I supported the greatest football team in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    Damn, that Notts team; I would have been 8 years old. I believed I supported the greatest football team in the world.
    We all did! We will again one day too!

I recall Chris Short making an incredible tackle on a young Ryan Giggs?

A game we fully deserved to win. I was in county road that game, that pic is from the away “seating” that they brought from some other club (Birmingham city?!)

The soft penalty was I think Thomas or Short “pulling back” Ince. Pathetic decision (in that era).

Huge crowd there that day. I was surrounded by manure fans, most of whom were miserable sods. Leeds completely deserved the title that year.

Chris Short marked Giggs out of the game, and Fergie had to take him off.

The pic would be second half too.

I was at the game that day but only remember the scoreline, our goal and the packed Spion Kop the rest is a find blur.

Eleven more people in the ground for that one than the game against them over in Rushcliffe.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Eleven more people in the ground for that one than the game against them over in Rushcliffe.
    I think they just made those numbers up back then. Have to say that’s the most packed I’ve ever been at the lane though. Couldn’t even get to my “normal” place on county road. So had to get far too close to the pipe smoking fan forever known to me as “come on Geoffrey pike”

I think the game started a few minutes late, as there were tons of fans still outside at kick off and as always, hardly any bloody programmes available. They probably only printed 150....

Remember having to ask a manure fan which letter was the florist score......and him telling me he was a florist fan (as well) and they were playing the Sunday.

Funny what you remember.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 19-01-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Is that the era in which there was a family area in the main stand? I'm pretty sure I was there with my two young nephews and some Manurites had infiltrated the family area. They were cussing and swearing and slagging off Notts and I shouted at them, maybe half a dozen. to get out, this was a family area. Blugger me too they did! The photo needs to pan around a bit to the right.

Don't remember it being a game to write home about but a draw was a result!

The Lane lost it's soul with all the improvements. I guess lots of grounds did. The toilet blocks were somewhat a disgrace though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast