+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brexit Lies.

Appreciate those so far that have commented above re Brexit, but the lack of responses from everyone else not acknowledging this issue is not at all shocking. Those not commenting have either realised they’ve got it all wrong and too embarrassed to admit, well next time you shop online just think of these issues you’ll face:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55734277

When is the gov going to sort this out though? I hear the gov system CHEIF is an outdated system people are asked to use.. the gov said we are ready.. are we fluckhh. I really do wonder if any of our politicians have any experience of trade.. you’d imagine those telling us how much we’ll benefit from brexit have a degree (minimum) in international business/economics etc. I doubt that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Appreciate those so far that have commented above re Brexit, but the lack of responses from everyone else not acknowledging this issue is not at all shocking. Those not commenting have either realised they’ve got it all wrong and too embarrassed to admit, well next time you shop online just think of these issues you’ll face:

When is the gov going to sort this out though? I hear the gov system CHEIF is an outdated system people are asked to use.. the gov said we are ready.. are we fluckhh. I really do wonder if any of our politicians have any experience of trade.. you’d imagine those telling us how much we’ll benefit from brexit have a degree (minimum) in international business/economics etc. I doubt that very much.
    i voted leave and yes I’d vote leave again,all you educated folk on quoting this and quoting that all get together and form a party and run the country .

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    i voted leave and yes I’d vote leave again,all you educated folk on quoting this and quoting that all get together and form a party and run the country .
    I was a strong Leaver.

All I can tell you is that it’s a total fiasco both getting goods into and out of the country and hugely more expensive due to trade tariffs and extra red tape.

We have our sovereignty which is great but just be aware your cost of living is going up quite substantially from now on and certain items are going to run out and not be so readily available.

It’s likely to see me reduce staff by a third as I can’t export easily anymore and it’s a lot more expensive to do so.

All I’m doing is pointing out what has happened in reality and not saying we were wrong to vote leave but what we as exporters and businesses were lead to believe has been total b o l l o x.

I suggest you all read this

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-davis...e-dossier/

Then click on the 'David Davies downside' dossier if it doesn't load automatically.
    Last edited by Roymit; 21-01-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Well, couldn’t do worse than the incompetents that engineered Brexit; more inconvenience and more costs as a result of the lies peddled by Farage, Johnson & Co.

I started to read the first post appreciated it was something I had no experience of and stopped reading.

I heard the radio interview with the lady who bought the £200 coat from Europe and had to pay an extra £80 extra on delivery. Her final comment was "I will never buy from Europe again' Now obviously we can't go through life without buying from Europe but if it continues to present such problems buying coats and anything else from Europe then as the 2nd biggest market in Europe European businesses will suffer and IMO it has to be sorted. Don't ever recall anyone asserting it would be sorted 3 weeks in.

Could someone who does know answer in simple language this for me. The lady said around £50 of the extra was Import Duty. Who receives that £50?

PS I've stopped buying wine from the EU plenty of other good alternatives. That'll shake their economies to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    I suggest you all read this

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-davis...e-dossier/

Then click on the 'David Davies downside' dossier if it doesn't load automatically.
    Hello Roy, the link you provided didn't work (well not for me anyway). I think this one might take readers to the right place....

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-d...nside-dossier/

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    ......PS I've stopped buying wine from the EU plenty of other good alternatives. That'll shake their economies to the core.
    Bloody hell, that's some going working through it by the lake full. Outstanding effort....

Nothing will change my mind even if there are adjustments and teething problems. The moment the EU wanted control of anything other than just buying and selling goods together as neighbours it was a goodbye from me. That's been decades now. Its been a huge tangled web of complicated integration and I wondered if we would ever get free of it. Well now we have and if we get a bloody nose for a while because they don't like it, so be it. There will be people it wont suit and there will be people it will, but in time it will be the best thing we have done, and I still firmly believe that other countries will follow suit. That's all I'm saying. There is a big world out there. The EU is just a part of it. It was always going to be a painful process because of the mantra "You can stay but you can never leave"

Appreciate those so far that have commented above re Brexit, but the lack of responses from everyone else not acknowledging this issue is not at all shocking. Those not commenting have either realised they’ve got it all wrong and too embarrassed to admit.....
    Hello Regis. I read the thread title when the thread was originally posted. Didn't bother opening it on account of how much bull and balls was posted by both sides during the original Brexit debate. Dare say others may feel the same.

I've only opened it now because I was bored. Now I'm even more bored despite not having read every post and I've got no intention of doing so. Unless the forum rules have been updated we're not obliged to open every thread, read every post or reply. I'm only doing so now out of courtesy. And because I'm bored.

I'm off to finish my boring DIY project which seems to have dragged on for weeks and which will probably drag on for a few more. Just so you know, I may or may not reopen the thread.

Have a wonderful day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)