+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brexit Lies.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Nothing will change my mind even if there are adjustments and teething problems. The moment the EU wanted control of anything other than just buying and selling goods together as neighbours it was a goodbye from me. That's been decades now. Its been a huge tangled web of complicated integration and I wondered if we would ever get free of it. Well now we have and if we get a bloody nose for a while because they don't like it, so be it. There will be people it wont suit and there will be people it will, but in time it will be the best thing we have done, and I still firmly believe that other countries will follow suit. That's all I'm saying. There is a big world out there. The EU is just a part of it. It was always going to be a painful process because of the mantra "You can stay but you can never leave"
    I can’t see anyone else leaving mate.

It will take 20 year proof of us having ended up like Fantasy Island before anyone else will have the guts/stupidity to try it.

I’m Recardo Montalban in our U.K. version, WBA123 is playing the part of my sidekick Tattoo 😏

You need to be 50+ to have the faintest idea what I’m on about 😆

“ The plane boss....it’s the plane!”

https://youtu.be/l3w9AfC5Ms0

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Well, couldn’t do worse than the incompetents that engineered Brexit; more inconvenience and more costs as a result of the lies peddled by Farage, Johnson & Co.
    theres a old saying which I’m pretty sure you have heard many times your dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t.

I am sure that if we assessed the main reasons the 17.4 million voted to leave the EU, trade would be down the list and certainly behind sovereignty, regaining our own laws and having control over our borders. I do feel for the business people on this forum with all this extra administration but I feel that we should wait to see whether the system settles down over time.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I am sure that if we assessed the main reasons the 17.4 million voted to leave the EU, trade would be down the list and certainly behind sovereignty, regaining our own laws and having control over our borders. I do feel for the business people on this forum with all this extra administration but I feel that we should wait to see whether the system settles down over time.
    Exactly my position, too TB. We didn't ask just businesses, we asked the whole population, and whilst the wheels of commerce are very important, to me, at least, they are not overridingly important.

We are three weeks into the new system (a snapshot in time) and could expect issues, as everyone, them and us, come to terms with it.

For sure, our friends over the channel will be quite content to see the current situation, and, dare I say, quite happy to mix it up a little.

The government have been banging on for 6 months or more, for exporters to be ready (due diligence). All I can say is, make sure it's the system that is at fault.

Let's see where we are in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Titchfieldbaggie View Post
    Exactly my position, too TB. We didn't ask just businesses, we asked the whole population, and whilst the wheels of commerce are very important, to me, at least, they are not overridingly important.

We are three weeks into the new system (a snapshot in time) and could expect issues, as everyone, them and us, come to terms with it.

For sure, our friends over the channel will be quite content to see the current situation, and, dare I say, quite happy to mix it up a little.

The government have been banging on for 6 months or more, for exporters to be ready (due diligence). All I can say is, make sure it's the system that is at fault.

Let's see where we are in a couple of months.
    Your last paragraph is laughable, you’re obviously not in business!?

We, like tens of thousands of other companies that export, have been trying to find out all of the information that was needed.

We got months of almost nothing.

Then at 6.00pm on New Years Eve a generic email was sent to all of us desperate companies giving us the bare bones of what was required.......SIX HOURS before Brexit completed.

The EORI code required to send bulk goods into the Eu since the 1st of January has still not arrived.

Maybe you think that a private company like mine that turns over £4-£5m a year is a pi s s pot operation, you might be right.

Ask yourself why UPS, DPD and many other companies suspended deliveries into the Eu over the last two weeks?

It’s because our government and the Eu are presiding over a s h I t fest.

We did as much “due diligence” as we could, if your own government can’t give you the info you need where are you supposed to go?

Answer on a postcard!!?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Regis. I read the thread title when the thread was originally posted. Didn't bother opening it on account of how much bull and balls was posted by both sides during the original Brexit debate. Dare say others may feel the same.

I've only opened it now because I was bored. Now I'm even more bored despite not having read every post and I've got no intention of doing so. Unless the forum rules have been updated we're not obliged to open every thread, read every post or reply. I'm only doing so now out of courtesy. And because I'm bored.

I'm off to finish my boring DIY project which seems to have dragged on for weeks and which will probably drag on for a few more. Just so you know, I may or may not reopen the thread.

Have a wonderful day.
    That’s a shame you won’t reopen this thread, we were all keen to know what this diy job is?😃

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post

PS I've stopped buying wine from the EU plenty of other good alternatives. That'll shake their economies to the core.
    What and absolute embarrassment of a post, particularly your last paragraph. It shows you have no knowledge of how things work or what has been going on in international trade wars over the past year (which i’ll come to in a moment).

First of all, you’ll stop buying wine from the EU?.. what you’ll actually go to the shopping wine aisle and just go straight for your ozzie and nz plonk? Telling yourself ‘i’m not buying EU wine’. Only few weeks ago you were going on about having a nice glass of sauternes. Perhaps we should all chip in a quid and buy you a map eh? so you can work out where that wine comes from.. you bloody chardonnay drinker. Mr chablis!

If you keep up to date with the trade wars that went on between Trump and China and even Countries in Europe you’ll know that the US put up tariffs on French wine. As a result supply of French wine to the US dropped. Now that Trump is out, don’t you think this will now be restored? We may not want French wine, but the US is a big market that will keep the French happy. Just think about it logically, selling to us don’t mean a thing.. they’ll only redistribute it elsewhere and without the red tape hassle.
    Last edited by regis80; 21-01-2021 at 09:28 PM.

21 days in…
    Yes there are other points to consider other than economics.

For all our sakes I’m hoping that the EU will perhaps stop their march towards the East.
    Let’s put ourselves in the shoes of Mr Putin from once. Nation after nation on his borders courted to join. Take the Ukraine, massive debts owed to Russia welcomed with open arms until Putin stepped to protect his main fleet. Who is threatening who here?
    Sorry but it’s no use saying that the EU has stopped wars inside Europe then omitting to include
    Yugoslavia and the Balkans. EU leaders stood by while civil wars broke out in and did too little far too late. USA and the UK came to the rescue again. The EU mirrors Eurovision an expensive sycophantic extravaganza .
    People who originally made a success of business will once again to the same but it will take time to adjust. The world will continue to turn and so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    21 days in…
    ............The world will continue to turn and so be it.
    There will come a time when it won’t; the apocalypse cometh.

Eventually.

Interesting to note that with the EU still not having approved the Oxford developed vaccine, if we were still members we wouldn't yet be allowed to vaccinate with our home grown solution. The rest of Europe is envious of how fast we are moving ahead with our vaccinations. At least one benefit of Brexit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)