I’ll bet that 99.9% of you will open this thread and be expecting to see it was started by WBA123........I’ll wager that even more of you will be staggered that it’s me.....”Mr Brexit” on this forum.

Well I’m going to hold my hands up here and admit that as far as business is concerned this Brexit is a disaster.

It’s been badly handled by both our supposed negotiators and the Eu side, our side have been inept and naive and the Eu are just acting like t w a t s on purpose.

To trade in Europe requires a EORI number these days, something we applied for weeks ago but the Germans are not playing ball in allocating this simple number.

Instead of doing the same to them our HMRC have made it easy for Eu exporters by supplying our Eu friends with the number they need to trade with us!

Goods are getting trapped at ports for the lucky people who have the code number needed, many companies, even giants such as DHL and UPS have suspended road shipments.

We all heard a lot about this super dooper “Free Trade Agreement”........this is the biggest lie and pile of horse s h I t you’ve been fed during this process!

It only applies to goods made in THIS country and for them, goods made in the Eu........if, as with our goods and the majority of goods these days, if it’s made in China or anywhere else in the world then a tariff is due.

In our case this is 4.7% on every item we export.

Carriers have also upped their prices, DPD imposes an immediate £3 extra charge on parcels to Eu countries, Royal Mail have added £8 per parcel 😲

Then there’s all the extra paperwork and declarations which are an absolute nightmare.

I was prepared for a 10% drop in business for a couple of years, I felt it was a price worth paying to retain sovereignty but it’s so much worse than a 10% hit.

Covid is obviously having a massive impact on us as well because sport cannot be played at the moment but we as a company are 75% down against last years figures in recent times.

So just be aware, there is going to be a big knock on effect on what you lot are paying for you goods and you’re going to see this very quickly, we are not alone in the fact we will be putting up most of our prices to cover this “Black Hole” in our margin.

The whole trading agreement is a pile of s h I t cobbled together by morons, it’s helping neither side and didn’t need to be like this.

Even fishing has turned out to be a misnomer.

I can’t remember hearing a single U.K. fisherman telling us during the lead up to the vote that they actually sold 70% of the fish they caught into European markets😫

That being the case WHY in hell do you want to hamstring yourself like this.

For the average man on the street the only difference you’re going to notice is more hassle booking your holiday in Europe and a lot of the consumables costing you more,

I can only see us as a company being considerably smaller once all of this settles and it’ll be the same for a lot of others at a time when we need more jobs creating, people like me will be employing less, we’ve already not replaced one lad who decided to move on.

So am I now anti Brexit?

That’s a difficult one because there’s so much I dislike about the Eu and it’s wastefulness and it’s pettiness and it’s lack of being able to bend a little in certain areas to suit different countries needs.

The trade deal is an utter mess though, it’s so unnecessary to have created all of this mess, it’s helping neither side.

I’ll concede to you 123, you were right about a lot of this stuff but the Eu attitude towards us now and how they’re treating us exporters is disgraceful and makes me like them even less.

If only they’d conceded just a little to Cameron.