Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
I am sure that if we assessed the main reasons the 17.4 million voted to leave the EU, trade would be down the list and certainly behind sovereignty, regaining our own laws and having control over our borders. I do feel for the business people on this forum with all this extra administration but I feel that we should wait to see whether the system settles down over time.
Exactly my position, too TB. We didn't ask just businesses, we asked the whole population, and whilst the wheels of commerce are very important, to me, at least, they are not overridingly important.

We are three weeks into the new system (a snapshot in time) and could expect issues, as everyone, them and us, come to terms with it.

For sure, our friends over the channel will be quite content to see the current situation, and, dare I say, quite happy to mix it up a little.

The government have been banging on for 6 months or more, for exporters to be ready (due diligence). All I can say is, make sure it's the system that is at fault.

Let's see where we are in a couple of months.