+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Key matches on Tuesday 19th January

Key matches on Tuesday 19th January

Cheltenham Town v Newport County (Newport's Sheehan was sent off against Salford, so misses this match)
    Southend United v Cambridge United (Cambridge 2 yellow cards against Colchester)
    Tranmere Rovers v Forest Green Rovers

Will Cheltenham be 100% up for this match, bearing in mind the FA Cup match against Manchester City on Saturday?
    Cheltenham and Newport have taken just 3 points each from their last 5 League Two matches.

Forest Green's one win in their last 5 matches was Carlisle United's one defeat in their last 5 matches.

'
    Last edited by Neil_McDonalds_dick; 18-01-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Yeovil v Notts County cancelled this afternoon due to the bug,we've only played 14 games so far and it's only going to get worst,what's your thoughts on cancelling another season or maybe limit it to 23 games?

Whether the season is cancelled now or it gets extended and played to a finish or anything in-between there will be uproar by some clubs because of perceived injustice. Some lawyers will be able to buy even more Lamborghinis.

Griff is gonna need a bigger fag packet when trying to sort out the prediction comp for sure

Aye, it is getting tough. Finding enough games with 3 p.m. kick-offs where the outcomes aren’t pretty obvious is a bit of an ask. And I know that an outcome isn’t guaranteed but they generally lead to everyone choosing the same result, which is no fun.

I reckon a break of a month with the season extended until the end of May isn’t too much to ask just to act as a circuit-breaker.

Incidentally Chalky, I see that the National league has been shat on, with any more emergency funding only coming as loans. Notts might get a bit more if they took up ballet,or opera or hung up a few paintings.

Aye I also read that about no more money being available except for loans for the Aldi league,I don't know how some clubs are going to survive if I'm hones as there are some clubs down there (Notts included) that have got some big outlays with no money coming in at all and are really struggling,some clubs in the lower lower leagues (6th tier+) got bumper crowds when they was allowed to admit fans but their season got cancelled so they are back to square one financially,somebody somewhere will be the first to go

If EWM / Philip Day want their money back we are utterly f­ucked. We cannot begin to pay. They can take all Carlisle United 1921's assets.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...0#post39669080

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)