+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Central Park to the dark satanic skyline of East Lancashire.

From Central Park to the dark satanic skyline of East Lancashire.

That’s the journey that new board member has taken to get to Turf Moor. Dave Checketts is his name, as part of the latest takeover. Apparently he was President of the New York Knicks, top basketball team. It’s a pity he couldn’t bring some of their players with him. They play at a fast pace, and know how to put the ball in the net. SD , I hope you are reading this .

They have still lost more than they have won this season, it's all about scoring more baskets than the opposition ----they haven't.
    Perhpas there is nothing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    They have stilli lost more than they have won this season, it's all about scoring more baskets than the opposition ----they haven't.
    Perhpas there is nothing to learn.
    I used to know a lot about the NBA at one time and used to watch it quite a lot. These days I take more interest in the college basketball ,which is much more exciting. The Knicks have still found the net a bit more than us this season !! I take your point .

the yanks think we are a worthwhile investment, as did Venky's with BRFC, let's hope they are right.

I read this and had a totally free colonic irrigation.

I'm starting to get really jittery.

Blues vs. Sharks 01/20/07 Dave Checketts Interview

How Will History Remember The Dave Checketts Era?

...we draw a close to the ownership of Dave Checketts. What started out with the promise of a Blues revolution ended with a quiet exit stage left in the midst of cash flow problems and a litany of failed promises to fix the ownership situation.

https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2012...-checketts-era

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  11.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    How Will History Remember The Dave Checketts Era?

...we draw a close to the ownership of Dave Checketts. What started out with the promise of a Blues revolution ended with a quiet exit stage left in the midst of cash flow problems and a litany of failed promises to fix the ownership situation.

https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2012...-checketts-era

It finished on a positive note but overall doesn't make good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  11.1 KB
    Can you have a horse drawn carriage ride there as well. ?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Can you have a horse drawn carriage ride there as well. ?!!!
    No, but you can have your pocket picked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)