+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If the season is scrapped...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I suppose it's a novel situation to be in with a manager at Notts actually getting to the end of their contract!
    Well yes, that's true.

When the seasons cancelled I would offer Ardley a 1 year running contract unless I had someone obviously better lined up.

Any new manager would have to be all in with football radar and not be a manager who wants full control of player recruitment

Along with the owners, Ardley has built and integrated a group of players that play for the shirt and are developing a style of football id like to see us pursue in the future. It’s not perfect, but he has shown his willingness and ability to change when needed to and has also shown his eye for a player and good man management skills.

He has helped rebuild the club from where it was and is widely considered a popular figure from behind the scenes. Of course, this is a results business so it isn’t a free ride by any stretch if the imagination, but the qualities he has shown and instilled in the team should not be taken lightly, and besides NCFCOG makes good points regarding his results further up this thread.

I believe he is well worth a year extension if this season is made null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Along with the owners, Ardley has built and integrated a group of players that play for the shirt and are developing a style of football id like to see us pursue in the future. It’s not perfect, but he has shown his willingness and ability to change when needed to and has also shown his eye for a player and good man management skills.

He has helped rebuild the club from where it was and is widely considered a popular figure from behind the scenes. Of course, this is a results business so it isn’t a free ride by any stretch if the imagination, but the qualities he has shown and instilled in the team should not be taken lightly, and besides NCFCOG makes good points regarding his results further up this thread.

I believe he is well worth a year extension if this season is made null and void.
    I agree with your sentiments 150%, these are very tricky times we find ourselves in with the pandemic more importantly for me the main concern would seem to be coming over the horizon will the National League continue to exist. All Clubs are not in our position of having owners who have made sure our players & staff are testing weekly, have not place staff on furlough and who are definitely in it for the long haul.
    We could find that the National League may implode over the financial situation that has reared its head again regarding future payments are not a Given but a Loan, to me that is far more important than the choice of a manager currently. We have stability with the current set up something this club has not seen for twenty plus years, the last thing we need to be involved with currently is the future of Neil Ardley imo.

If the season is scrapped and Ardley's contract expires I wouldn't offer him a new one. This is based purely on a long held belief of mine that he doesn't have the ability to take us forward as a club. I don't think he gets the best out of the squad he has. I think the Reedtz brothers will probably see it differently, so I think the chances are that he'll be here a while longer.

I'd really like to think these owners would be capable of bringing in their own man who would give Notts a better chance of going up sooner than they would sticking with Ardley. If they stick with him, after no obvious improvement on last season, then I'm going to assume it's because of the atypical circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'd really like to think these owners would be capable of bringing in their own man who would give Notts a better chance of going up sooner than they would sticking with Ardley. If they stick with him, after no obvious improvement on last season, then I'm going to assume it's because of the atypical circumstances.
    Unless we complete the same number of games as last season you can't say there has been no obvious improvement. Whilst we are well short of the start Torquay have had (which in itself is extremely freakish), we have been very unlucky with illness and injuries. Also, unlike last season against Barrow for example we are yet to be well beaten by anyone and are now starting to look like we have a very good squad for this league.

I wouldn't worry about promotion, the whole football pyramid is going to go to sh1t soon anyway, more league clubs will go bust, and we will end up back in the football league by default thanks to having what appear to be financially astute owners . . . we will just be playing PL B teams.

That would be my assumption too, this is certainly an atypical season like no other and expect we will stick with him.

If scrapped he still deserves two full seasons, and as always in my eyes, if he fails in the 2nd season get rid.

If they surprised me and let the contact run out and say thank Neal for your efforts but you didn't do enough in the season to date we are going to go with another man, it would harsh but I wouldn't complain.

It's a no for me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast