+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If the season is scrapped...

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    When the seasons cancelled I would offer Ardley a 1 year running contract unless I had someone obviously better lined up.
    If he promises not to play a 40-year-old in the centre of midfield next season, I'd go with a one-year rolling contract, to be reviewed if he gets us promoted at the end of 2021-22.

This season is a write-off and I wouldn't judge him too harshly on our relative underachievement. The first season I do hold him accountable for; last season was a case of starting 6 weeks behind everyone else; this season has been a farce due to COVID. Given the way things are going, I don't think next season is going to be a time for radical change.

I don't think anyone would blame the owners if they decide to look for someone new, but how about for once we take a gamble and stick with the manager to see if he can get his project over the line?

I dont see them playing out the season fully unless extended and more money given.

There is no evidence to suggest next season will be fine either we just dont know that.

I remember listening to moron pundits like Kilbane Neville saying null and void in June and comeback in September, good job nobody listened to them.

Basically saying it to bantz Liverpool but the reality is if that happened it would have finished off clubs lower down the scale with no tv money being paid out, in affect they wanted people to lose there jobs so they can wind fans up on Twitter.

I got the impression from last week's question time that the owners were patient but do expect Notts to be better this season. I am not an Ardley fan but accept that he hasn't had a level playing field. Apart from his first season, when he should probably have been sacked. I doubt he will be going anywhere else soon.

Excellent Notts related debate so far with some interesting views.

Warm feeling inside.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Warm feeling inside.
    Sounds like you and Elite are really getting on now.

I would leave him for next season if this season is called off. I would like to give him a full season with no excuses so can see how good he really is. Only a one year contract mind, get us up or off you go.

I would offer him a 1 year rolling contract with an expectation of promotion, but rolling as there is no certainty that everything will be back to normal next season. If it is then promotion would be a requirement.

We are up there with the promotion candidates in an incredibly strange season (if you can call it a 'season' when we have only played 14 games and it's nearly February), I am content with our position taking that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Warm feeling inside.

Could be a urine infection?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Could be a urine infection?

Quality

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast