+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the season is scrapped...

If the season is scrapped...

And we don’t play again until August, and we’re financially ok, would you give Ardders another contract?

I’m a no.

Sadly from what I’m reading this evening it’s when & not if !

And the answer to your question is no.

No. Been here 2 seasons too long as it is.

That's a novel way to start an Ardley bashing thread. It's been done to death and you create a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    That's a novel way to start an Ardley bashing thread. It's been done to death and you create a new one.
    It’s a different question to be honest.

I don’t see the Danes marking a change. A d as much as I’ve seen little progress this season, I’m not sure you can sack him when we’ve only played this many games.

It's a different question that leads to the same question.....Ardley in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    It's a different question that leads to the same question.....Ardley in or out.
    You’re right, whether to sack someone or give them a new contract is a completely different question. And some people will give different answers.

Not being funny but you all say get rid but who would you replace him with? Even if I wanted rid of Ardley, there is no one out there who'd actually interest me who is a realistic option. I'd love to be flying at the top of the table, but being in the hunt right now with do many breaks to our season is fine by me. Last year, had we continued the season, I feel we had a fantastic chance of pulling in and overtaking Barrow. This year, we are in the hunt.

A change of manager isn't going to change anything from where we are, we aren't floundering, most of stutters are caused either by squad illness or enforced extended breaks.

So before asking the question of should Ardley be replaced, ask the question, who could realistically do better?

Depends on his current contract. If it was for three years he will still be in contract at the start of the new season. Because of this I fully expect him to still be here. From my own point of view I was happy to give him this season to get promotion and whilst we have had a few early hiccups I was still confident we would do it. It's not his fault if the season is scrapped so I wouldn't be rushing to change him for next season either. Unfortunately the timing of this makes it quite difficult for the owners to make such a big decision and promotion aside, maintaining some kind of stability (yes I used the word stability again), and guaranteeing the clubs future in very difficult circumstances would be higher on my agenda than sacking the manager unless said manager was absolutely dreadful, which Ardley quite obviously isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Depends on his current contract. If it was for three years he will still be in contract at the start of the new season. Because of this I fully expect him to still be here. From my own point of view I was happy to give him this season to get promotion and whilst we have had a few early hiccups I was still confident we would do it. It's not his fault if the season is scrapped so I wouldn't be rushing to change him for next season either. Unfortunately the timing of this makes it quite difficult for the owners to make such a big decision and promotion aside, maintaining some kind of stability (yes I used the word stability again), and guaranteeing the clubs future in very difficult circumstances would be higher on my agenda than sacking the manager unless said manager was absolutely dreadful, which Ardley quite obviously isn't.
    I suppose it's a novel situation to be in with a manager at Notts actually getting to the end of their contract!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast