+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watford v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Lost three on the bounce against the teams now sitting 1st 2nd & 3rd,
    Top six syndrome !
    Move on to decent February!
    I’m not having a go at our position in the League, nor am I not understanding the quality of the opposition. I’m frustrated at the number of silly flicks, head tennis, and mis placed passes, wasted long punts upfield ( not a strength of ours) to just NOBODY when a foot on the ball and an intelligent pass, that may or not result in a player then being tackled would be better options. We’ve played Norwich, Swansea and Watford and not been disgraced, but we CAN play better than we have, even against such mighty opposition. They weren’t that good, any of them

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Palmer gets his opportunity , I'd have liked to have seen Morris start too .

Possibly Saturday against his old club perhaps ? .
    He can't,he's cup-tied.

Woodrow needs dropping as a kick up the ars3! He’s been off for weeks now and spends more time off his feet than on them and the complaining to the ref is really annoying me now! Yes it was probably a penalty at the end but arguing with the ref after the final whistle is going to get what? Does he think the ref is gonna say “well Cauley you have a point I was wrong, let’s bring both teams back on so you can take another penalty” d1ck! If he put as much effort into his game at the moment as he does whingeing he get a hat trick every game.
    Kane......my my! He is way off Championship level my son said tonight he would sooner see Bahre play on Saturday than give him another game and I totally agree, at least Bahre has a good game now and again?
    Brittain was blowing out of his ars3 10 minutes from time, that lad covers not only a lot of ground but a multitude of errors by other players.
    Styles looked tonight like he is starting to listen to the hype surrounding him and I think his mind was elsewhere, probably fantasising about him being in a Liverpool shirt some time soon? Worst game he’s had in ages to be fair!
    Victors first touch is absolute toilet and that’s when you realise he won’t ever make it properly until he sorts this out, the times we have been in good positions and his touch has caused the move to break down!
    I am pleased we are where we are in the league but my god it’s soooooo frustrating to see how close we are to beating these so called top teams and it is all down to the above and bad decisions.

Tbf Woodrow's first touch can be as bad as Victors. And I've been loathe to say it but, I think Styles has had a bad couple of games of late along with Mowatt. It's just frustrating to watch. Mowatt takes a free kick and can't beat the wall. Mowatt crosses and can't beat the first man. Mowatt passes and can't find a red shirt. He's a tendency to just lamp it forward too and hoping a red shirt is in the vicinity. I'm hoping it's just the contract thing that's causing this and taking his mind is elsewhere at the moment.
    Did we have a shot on target tonight? I'm finding it hard to think of one. You don't score goals if you can't hit the target.
    I don't think they were there for the taking, I think they had an off day up front and we were lucky to only concede one.

If you watch the highlights for the penalty of theirs , is it safe to say that Troy Deeney intentionally aims for Callum Britain’s hand ?! I’m not saying it wasn’t a pen , but I think it was sh!thousery from Deeney

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Tbf Woodrow's first touch can be as bad as Victors. And I've been loathe to say it but, I think Styles has had a bad couple of games of late along with Mowatt. It's just frustrating to watch. Mowatt takes a free kick and can't beat the wall. Mowatt crosses and can't beat the first man. Mowatt passes and can't find a red shirt. He's a tendency to just lamp it forward too and hoping a red shirt is in the vicinity. I'm hoping it's just the contract thing that's causing this and taking his mind is elsewhere at the moment.
    Did we have a shot on target tonight? I'm finding it hard to think of one. You don't score goals if you can't hit the target.
    I don't think they were there for the taking, I think they had an off day up front and we were lucky to only concede one.
    We didn't have one shot on target and something like 45% possession. But according to the i-follow commentary we dominated the second half

And how Chaplin is still getting a starting spot I'll never know!????

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Woodrow needs dropping as a kick up the ars3! He’s been off for weeks now and spends more time off his feet than on them and the complaining to the ref is really annoying me now! Yes it was probably a penalty at the end but arguing with the ref after the final whistle is going to get what? Does he think the ref is gonna say “well Cauley you have a point I was wrong, let’s bring both teams back on so you can take another penalty” d1ck! If he put as much effort into his game at the moment as he does whingeing he get a hat trick every game.
    Kane......my my! He is way off Championship level my son said tonight he would sooner see Bahre play on Saturday than give him another game and I totally agree, at least Bahre has a good game now and again?
    Brittain was blowing out of his ars3 10 minutes from time, that lad covers not only a lot of ground but a multitude of errors by other players.
    Styles looked tonight like he is starting to listen to the hype surrounding him and I think his mind was elsewhere, probably fantasising about him being in a Liverpool shirt some time soon? Worst game he’s had in ages to be fair!
    Victors first touch is absolute toilet and that’s when you realise he won’t ever make it properly until he sorts this out, the times we have been in good positions and his touch has caused the move to break down!
    I am pleased we are where we are in the league but my god it’s soooooo frustrating to see how close we are to beating these so called top teams and it is all down to the above and bad decisions.
    100% top post. Every word true. Even Bahre

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    If you watch the highlights for the penalty of theirs , is it safe to say that Troy Deeney intentionally aims for Callum Britain’s hand ?! I’m not saying it wasn’t a pen , but I think it was sh!thousery from Deeney
    It looks like he intentionally aimed at Walton's hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It looks like he intentionally aimed at Walton's hand too.

Disappointing again from Woodrow, and I saw he was like it at the weekend as well. Just generally looking fed up with his team mates and the officials, and falling over way too weakly.
    This sounded like an unfortunate defeat for us against another good team. But Im annoyed again that we were maybe guilty of making them or rather allowing them to look too good!.
    Once again we move on now and its maybe a good thing that we've got the distraction of the Fa cup this weekend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast