+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth Anyone?

I'm generally first to post when we have a shocker but this was night and day difference polar opposite to Rotherham, had a few shaky moments namely Roos and Wisdom but there was a moment from Roos that kept us in it, but tonight we played as a team and we need to take that into the next match, we need to learn how to replicate it

Well that's it then, don't watch anymore games!!
    Great result, well done lads and well done Wayne.
    Oh, and stuff the Sheikh!

Something wasn't right when it was said last Monday the money had been sent, clearly the arabs are not to be believed, in a way glad it's happened now and not as our owners

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I'm generally first to post when we have a shocker but this was night and day difference polar opposite to Rotherham, had a few shaky moments namely Roos and Wisdom but there was a moment from Roos that kept us in it, but tonight we played as a team and we need to take that into the next match, we need to learn how to replicate it
    Thought Roos’ handling, kicking and distribution were top class tonight. Can’t remember him making a mistake, but his reading of the game and judgement of when to come and when to stay were poor/questionable at least three times.

Well worth the win - Some good solid performances, Beilik, Clark bothe rock solid, and Shinnie has gone up two gears since the cocu days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    You can't handle the truth..... ask a few of the other posters on here who post on the same place as the old guard when there was posters on here if I'm fake. You know when we posted on here and there were 50 plus regulars..... before you 🤣 bloomers regret was not banning you.

Clough wasn't enough for you had to be instant success. You know absolutely nothing about the game. You've clearly never played it. Clough team kept the club in a decent position for years.

It's whats wrong with the game today people like you more about ego than actual understanding it.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well worth the win - Some good solid performances, Beilik, Clark bothe rock solid, and Shinnie has gone up two gears since the cocu days.
    A totally different team, Jekyll and Hyde, ah well on to the next!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    You wanted clough out when we were doing well bit it wasn't enough .... so you are one of the ones to blame for where we are now.....
    Rattea, can you remind me which season we did well in under Nigel Clough, please?

09/10 14th on 56 points
    10/11 19th on 49 points
    11/12 12th on 64 points (11 off the playoffs)
    12/13 10th on 61 points (7 off the playoffs and lost more than we won)

I haven't posted the 08/09 stats as he was only at the club from January.

The last 2 full seasons were "OK" but not of the standard of performance or results we would like to think a club like ours should be having. Midtable in the Championship is not "doing well" for a club like ours. The play was that of a siege mentality and not very entertaining despite an average goals for and against total of just shy of 3 a game. That siege mentality was needed when he arrived and I have always thought he got stuck in that rut and couldn't get out of it.

The good thing about NC was that he put a good squad together but was unable to put the right pegs in the right holes and in the right shape with the right mindset to create a top team. It took Stevie Mac to do that.

...... that's 4 points we have taken from them this season. Very pleasing.

Different type of game from us last night too. We didn't have the lion's share of possession but did more with what we had than they did with theirs. The opposite of what has happened so often this season thus far.

The Cherries had 57% possession 1st half and 67% 2nd half. They had 2 shots, 0 on target 1st half and 8 / 2 in the 2nd. We had 8 / 3 in the first and 4 / 3 in the 2nd. Of their 2 on target, the first was a gentle lob which any of us would have had, the other brought a brilliant save from Roos. Apart from the goal, their keeper had saves to make and there was a goalline clearance by a defender.

They are, potentially, (one of?) the best footballing sides in the League yet their major weapon appeared to be putting the ball over our defence and running on to it. It didn't work. Nearly did early doors but Solanke mis-hit a ball he should have put away.

They started both halves the more lively but over the 90 minutes we were the more dangerous team on a meagre 38% possession.

I was pleasantly surprised at both the performance and the energy levels as I had serious doubts that we would be more than slightly more lively than we had been against the Millers. It seems the players haven't been told the "rule of thumb" recovery rate

Worst performance of the night was the pitch. More on that in a separate thread.

I thought Roos had a good game.
    Byrne continued his decent recent form.
    Evans was excellent.
    Wisdom too.
    Clarke was Clarke.
    Buchanan wasn't back to his previous levels but still had a good game.
    Bielik shone.
    Shinnie broke the play up well.
    Knight was back to Duracell levels but seemed to have difficulty with ball control on a poor pitch.
    Jozwiak was as industrious as ever but his ball control was on a par with Knight's.
    Kazim was closer to his previous levels than he had been against the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Something wasn't right when it was said last Monday the money had been sent, clearly the arabs are not to be believed, in a way glad it's happened now and not as our owners
    What a different performance to last saturday! I think your right there is something very iffy about this takeover, beginning to think it won't happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)