+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supermarkets & mask wearing

Absolute pish. Any business can refuse to serve anyone they want as long as they box clever on their reason for doing so. There's no law in this land that can force any business into selling their product to someone they don't want to sell it to. There's certain people I would never do business with and no law can force me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No such thing as islamaphobia.
    Lots of publications disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What race has this hairdresser discriminated against?
    From the billy who thinks people wanting their own government in Scotland are anti-English racists

What race are English people

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Lots of publications disagree.
    A phobia is an irrational fear.

So islamaphobia is no more relevalent than gingerphobia, irishphobia, dabaphobia, etc etc etc.....all made up words.

You have people who don't think what scientologists believe is correct.....is that scientologistaphobia? and possibly vudoo isnae really that a rational belief is that vudooaphobia....people want to grow up and accept people do not share their beliefs in some immortal sky fairy who either created the world in 7 days, impregnated virgin woman, flew Doon to earth on a space ship or has promised you 100 virgins if you kill the infidel.

People want to indulge this guff crack on.....It's not a phobia it's islamarational, christianarational or scien****ingtologyarational.

Believe in what you want just don't accept me to go along with it.

Dosent alter the fact hairdresser was wrong and could have used a multitude of other reasons for not giving her the job.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Absolute pish. Any business can refuse to serve anyone they want as long as they box clever on their reason for doing so. There's no law in this land that can force any business into selling their product to someone they don't want to sell it to. There's certain people I would never do business with and no law can force me to.
    There may not be a law but the point is a lawyer for the plaintiff will find a way to make it into a case and you the defendant is faced with using your insurance policy to contest the claim . Without a shadow of doubt they will want to settle as it will be many times cheaper, even if they win the case because the plaintiff will not be made to pay all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    From the billy who thinks people wanting their own government in Scotland are anti-English racists

What race are English people
    The master race! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    There may not be a law but the point is a lawyer for the plaintiff will find a way to make it into a case and you the defendant is faced with using your insurance policy to contest the claim . Without a shadow of doubt they will want to settle as it will be many times cheaper, even if they win the case because the plaintiff will not be made to pay all costs.
    I have turned down plenty of business and never been sued, I have also never once heard of a shop or any business being successfully sued for refusing to either serve or refusing entry to someone, not one. There has been cases of hotels and B&B's being sued for refusing to take poofs and I think a cake shop refused to make a wedding cake for poofs once and got sued. As I say just box clever and don't give a reason just don't let them in, a business has legal rights too.

I have turned down plenty of business and never been sued, I have also never once heard of a shop or any business being successfully sued for refusing to either serve or refusing entry to someone, not one. There has been cases of hotels and B&B's being sued for refusing to take poofs and I think a cake shop refused to make a wedding cake for poofs once and got sued. As I say just box clever and don't give a reason just don't let them in, a business has legal rights too.
    I think the burden of proof that they haven't discriminated is beginning to fall on business owners.

That again is wrong

Using the language you have shows me what you are.

The discussion isn't about refusing custom, it's about an allegation that someone was discriminated against in the search for employment simply because she wore a head covering. The prospective employer was challenged and made an arse of her reasons for not employing the person. She was an idiot.

I once spoke to a HR Manager who told me he would never have allowed a particular person to be employed if he'd known he was gay. That person was as camp as Christmas and clearly gay to me and every other sensible person in the world, he did his job, was good at it and we didn't give a **** what he was. That guy was the right person for the job, better than all the other applicants but the business had the 'right' ultimately to refuse him employment simply because he was gay? Any idea what year this is you ****ing dinosaur?

You sound just like that HR Manager and I feel it's my duty to call you out on it.

For the record I'm not gay, I just have a brain and choose to use it to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Using the language you have shows me what you are.

The discussion isn't about refusing custom, it's about an allegation that someone was discriminated against in the search for employment simply because she wore a head covering. The prospective employer was challenged and made an arse of her reasons for not employing the person. She was an idiot.

I once spoke to a HR Manager who told me he would never have allowed a particular person to be employed if he'd known he was gay. That person was as camp as Christmas and clearly gay to me and every other sensible person in the world, he did his job, was good at it and we didn't give a **** what he was. That guy was the right person for the job, better than all the other applicants but the business had the 'right' ultimately to refuse him employment simply because he was gay? Any idea what year this is you ****ing dinosaur?

You sound just like that HR Manager and I feel it's my duty to call you out on it.

For the record I'm not gay, I just have a brain and choose to use it to think.
    Take a deep breath go back and check the thread title and the OP. I said a company were sued because they refused to make a wedding cake for poofs ( I think they were Christians), that neither proves or disproves whether I would employ one or not. In fact it matters not a jot whether I would or not, if other employers feel they don't want to that's entirely up to them. The state cannot force you to employ poofs any more than it can enforce you to employ non poofs. There is no law that says you have to allow anybody into your premises masks or no masks gay or not gay.

Ya poof.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)