+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Supermarkets & mask wearing

Re- DC Thomsons being non Union, the Daily Record tried to open a printing works in Dundee in the sixties, bought DCT bought up all the old mills and factories in Dundee to , keep them out.
    Years after that DCT did the same again to keep Pergammon Press (Robert Maxwell) out of Dundee.
    The print unions, as powerful as they were, could not do much to change DCT.
    DCT even had their own ships and paper mills in Sweden, to avoid any embargoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm sure there were individuals with agendas, there will still be such individuals with dinosaur like views, some of the posts on this thread kind of prove that but hopefully these narrow minded bigots are becoming fewer and farther between.

I've said previously I was discriminated against in the RAF for being Scottish, often very openly, so it happens in most walks of life but not every person in that walk of life will hold the same views, thankfully. You didn't too badly after your experience at DCT and I haven't done too badly since leaving the RAF, always best to rise above those types of people.
    You're user name couldn't be more appropriate if you think folk don't hire people just because they don't like their puss. There are plenty of reasons I wouldn't hire certain people, I wouldn't tell them why I just wouldn't employ them but if you think I'm in a minority you're mental. My reasons might not be the same as the next employer but that's not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    You're user name couldn't be more appropriate if you think folk don't hire people just because they don't like their puss. There are plenty of reasons I wouldn't hire certain people, I wouldn't tell them why I just wouldn't employ them but if you think I'm in a minority you're mental. My reasons might not be the same as the next employer but that's not the point.
    Depends of course on the company. I worked for a reputable company and the hiring process was fair and equal, based on scoring of responses to specifically structured questions. The only time I ever turned to the HR rep after an interview and said 'no way will he ever work in this company' was when an interviewee made blatant ***ist and racist remarks in front of the HR rep who was a young Asian girl. She was a bit annoyed that I stopped the interview early and asked me why; she was disappointed because she was ready to lay into the guy verbally and bring him down to size.

Of course personality comes into once the scores are analyzed and you find two or three close but to simply dismiss an applicant because you 'don't like their puss', ***uality, race or any other single aspect of their being is simply bigoted and moronic.

You're not the only person posting on here that's ever been responsible for employing people, far from it, but you do seem to be the single most narrow minded and bigoted person posting on here who's ever been responsible for employing people.

Please don't be offended if I don't respond to any more of your bigoted ramblings it's not personal - I just detest all bigots.

Depends of course on the company. I worked for a reputable company and the hiring process was fair and equal, based on scoring of responses to specifically structured questions. The only time I ever turned to the HR rep after an interview and said 'no way will he ever work in this company' was when an interviewee made blatant ***ist and racist remarks in front of the HR rep who was a young Asian girl. She was a bit annoyed that I stopped the interview early and asked me why; she was disappointed because she was ready to lay into the guy verbally and bring him down to size.

Of course personality comes into once the scores are analyzed and you find two or three close but to simply dismiss an applicant because you 'don't like their puss', ***uality, race or any other single aspect of their being is simply bigoted and moronic.

You're not the only person posting on here that's ever been responsible for employing people, far from it, but you do seem to be the single most narrow minded and bigoted person posting on here who's ever been responsible for employing people.

Please don't be offended if I don't respond to any more of your bigoted ramblings it's not personal - I just detest all bigots.
    You could have just finished after the first sentence, not all companies have HR departments. You're the one who quoted not employing someone on racial or ***ual reasons not me. I do however have plenty reasons I wouldn't employ someone, I wouldn't employ someone who used a mobile phone excessively for a start.

I used to like a hand written application letter. Long time ago of course when typist were needed. Only time it came unstuck was when the new employee started to write down orders from customers with names and addresses. They were a complete mess and he couldn't read them back himself. Turned out his mother wrote out his application. Managed to get his writing sorted because he was good at his job in all other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I used to like a hand written application letter. Long time ago of course when typist were needed. Only time it came unstuck was when the new employee started to write down orders from customers with names and addresses. They were a complete mess and he couldn't read them back himself. Turned out his mother wrote out his application. Managed to get his writing sorted because he was good at his job in all other aspects.
    Dunno how auld you are but you'll either know what I mean or you won't but On the move? Some of the aulder posters might know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Dunno how auld you are but you'll either know what I mean or you won't but On the move? Some of the aulder posters might know what I'm talking about.
    Sorry AuldYin I don't know the meaning you impute to the expression On the move.

My hand writing has always been awful although it has improved a bit in the last ten years or so as I've managed to slow myself down. Pretty sure that if I looked back on something I scrawled 20 years ago I'd struggle to read it. My problem was that my hand couldn't keep up with my brain, note taking was a nightmare because as the lecturer or whatever was speaking I'd be forming questions and would often look back at notes and see that I'd scrawled down the questions without addressing the point. When I started using keyboards it was the same and I tried to type at the speed I was thinking - result is I took twice as long to do anything because even a spell checker had no chance of correcting it.

My hand writing has always been awful although it has improved a bit in the last ten years or so as I've managed to slow myself down. Pretty sure that if I looked back on something I scrawled 20 years ago I'd struggle to read it. My problem was that my hand couldn't keep up with my brain, note taking was a nightmare because as the lecturer or whatever was speaking I'd be forming questions and would often look back at notes and see that I'd scrawled down the questions without addressing the point. When I started using keyboards it was the same and I tried to type at the speed I was thinking - result is I took twice as long to do anything because even a spell checker had no chance of correcting it.
    Understand the problem of youth! Now find typing with one finger on a mobile phone is great. Predictive text gives you words to choose from even if they are only partially spelled ( had an option of spelt and didn't know which one to use). The one finger typing also gives you more time if you want to think about the correct punctuation.

Sorry AuldYin I don't know the meaning you impute to the expression On the move.
    There used to be a programme on the telly when I was wee called On the move. Bob Hoskins was in it about 2 men in a removal man one of whom was illiterate. It was a short 15 minutes each night thing where 1 of them was teaching the other to read and write. Like a public information thing.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)