+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    One for Cam to shift methinks
    And that’s a shame.

The vast majority of people in Rotherham don’t go to NYS. Would you think there was similar responses to money being spent in the town centre on something they will never use from them?

Not everything that is for the use of people is for everyone.

If it keeps cyclists safely out the way of traffic and improves the aesthetic of the town I have no idea how this can be a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    No, you are being Trumpist. Are you hoping that we will storm the Town Hall?
    if it means we can get rid of our useless local labour politicians who looked the other way so the groomers had an open goal then yes .

You explain why you made your negative comment and I will explain my question
    Try growing up.

If they don't create traffic jams,fair enough. The cycle lanes at Shalesmoor were a total disaster adding up to half an hour on the journey into Sheffield. They were unused and quickly dispensed with.

You were spot on the money Wan
    The usual bleating without any counter discussion

Very tedious

Im all for cycle lanes to keep cyclist safe, not sure about an empty town centre though

Also...2 years+ to build a bridge? Im sure frog could do it quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    And that’s a shame.

The vast majority of people in Rotherham don’t go to NYS. Would you think there was similar responses to money being spent in the town centre on something they will never use from them?

Not everything that is for the use of people is for everyone.

If it keeps cyclists safely out the way of traffic and improves the aesthetic of the town I have no idea how this can be a negative thing.
    Because it doesn't keep cyclists out of the way of pedestrians

Plus there's no real proof it improves the aesthetics of the town

Rewind to the money spent on that "yellow girders sculpture" they put on the roundabout. Now a mucky mess that the council occasionally spends money on trying to stop it looking like a lorry accident on route to booths scrap yard

Plus many more.

Here we have a cycle path system that will hardly be used but will present an upkeep bill for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Try growing up.
    Thats a big ask millertop

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    This wasn’t intended to be a political post or I’d have put it in the other group.

It is just some information I came across. There’s plenty of negativity towards the town centre. Spending some money on it can only be a positive thing.
    Scum - any article involving RMBC or development of the town centre will become political due to the 'enthusiastic' views of the punters on here. Happens every time, so not sure why you'd expect this to be any different.

Good informative post though and looks good news to me on balance - just on wrong board if we're supposed to be footy only discussion on main board.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Keep voting them in,deserve everything Rotherham town gets.What a waste of 11million pounds,shame on you RMBC.
    FFS Lol - leave it out with the politics for gawds sake

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast