+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

....build it and they shall come.................

eeeerrrrrrrr, hold on we've got hills in our part of the world......

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    No, you are being Trumpist. Are you hoping that we will storm the Town Hall?
    Has tha seen that hill up to Town Hall, me and Casper would be knac*ered climbing it, what time does buses run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Has tha seen that hill up to Town Hall, me and Casper would be knac*ered climbing it, what time does buses run.
    Stovic and Grist are running a coach.

We live some 10 miles east of Hull. The council there have spent an absolute fortune on cycle lanes. Dual carriageways cut down to one lane. Its caused traffic problems throughout the city.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    It looks like a walk cycle route to Sheffield and cycle links to Whiston/Wickersley is part of the plan (but not sure if they've got the full funding for Wickersley yet).

Have a read of the article - I may have misunderstood it.
    Very likely.

At the end of day it’s being done for forge island imo

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    We live some 10 miles east of Hull. The council there have spent an absolute fortune on cycle lanes. Dual carriageways cut down to one lane. Its caused traffic problems throughout the city.
    Do you live anywhere near the villages of Skeffling or Winestead?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Stovic and Grist are running a coach.
    I wouldn’t storm Rotherham’s town hall ,I’d knock it down with them in it . Only fair. Rotherham council knocked our town hall down in greasbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I wouldn’t storm Rotherham’s town hall ,I’d knock it down with them in it . Only fair. Rotherham council knocked our town hall down in greasbrough.
    Which was done for a road widening scheme that they now can’t find the money for

So i live in Ashby de la Zouch and travel up to Rovrum to see the games. After a long spell away from Rotherham not helped by the three years at Don Valley I was more than pleasantly surprised about how the town centre looked. Honestly i think the town centre looks great especially with the church as the centre piece. However the economic and social impact on the town is evident for all to see. Not so great!

The health benefits of cycling and walking are unquestionable and establishing an infrastructure to do this is great. i just hope though that this isn't seen as an answer but as a start. Getting people off their arses isnt going to be easy. Elec bikes and making it safe to do this can only be helpful and therefore applauded.
    Being cynical is a choice of course, so is embracing the opportunity.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast