+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

I'm all for folk getting more fit through cycling but how about spending more money on getting cycle lanes put into roads to get into the town safely, otherwise who's going to risk their neck cycling into town?

Hope they make a better cycle track than they do the roads into Rotherham, the roundabout at Parkgate is like travelling on a rollercoaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I'm all for folk getting more fit through cycling but how about spending more money on getting cycle lanes put into roads to get into the town safely, otherwise who's going to risk their neck cycling into town?
    The Council made the town centre more dangerous for cyclists (and even more so for pedestrians) by removing Masbrough roundabout and turning Centenary Way into a racetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The Council made the town centre more dangerous for cyclists (and even more so for pedestrians) by removing Masbrough roundabout and turning Centenary Way into a racetrack.
    True, or maybe a motorway..I wouldn't like to cycle anywhere near it let alone walk..one mistake and it's fray bentos..

Meanwhile in Rotherham yesterday:-

South Yorkshire Police
    @syptweet
    ·
    Jan 27
    A 70-year-old man was pushed off his bike before having it stolen in #Rotherham today.

Can you help our detectives trace those responsible? We are very keen to speak to the occupants of a blue 54-plate Ford Fiesta.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456