+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT £11 million for Rotherham town centre cycle lanes.

Keep voting them in,deserve everything Rotherham town gets.What a waste of 11million pounds,shame on you RMBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Keep voting them in,deserve everything Rotherham town gets.What a waste of 11million pounds,shame on you RMBC.
    FACT Check

This is not RMBC wasting ratepayers money.

The money is from the Government's Transforming Cities Fund, part of which was allocated to Sheffield City Region. If Rotherham had turned it down it would have gone to Sheffield, Doncaster or Barnsley.

I have been as critical of RMBS as anyone over the years but on this issue if you think it is a waste of money blame the government not the council

This wasn’t intended to be a political post or I’d have put it in the other group.

It is just some information I came across. There’s plenty of negativity towards the town centre. Spending some money on it can only be a positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    This wasn’t intended to be a political post or I’d have put it in the other group.

It is just some information I came across. There’s plenty of negativity towards the town centre. Spending some money on it can only be a positive thing.
    Scum - any article involving RMBC or development of the town centre will become political due to the 'enthusiastic' views of the punters on here. Happens every time, so not sure why you'd expect this to be any different.

Good informative post though and looks good news to me on balance - just on wrong board if we're supposed to be footy only discussion on main board.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    FACT Check

This is not RMBC wasting ratepayers money.

The money is from the Government's Transforming Cities Fund, part of which was allocated to Sheffield City Region. If Rotherham had turned it down it would have gone to Sheffield, Doncaster or Barnsley.

I have been as critical of RMBS as anyone over the years but on this issue if you think it is a waste of money blame the government not the council
    That's presuming cycle lanes are a good thing rather than something that has caused traffic congestion all over London.

If someone was giving away a free wheelbarrow full of dog mess you wouldn't take it would you?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That's presuming cycle lanes are a good thing rather than something that has caused traffic congestion all over London.

If someone was giving away a free wheelbarrow full of dog mess you wouldn't take it would you?
    They would take the free dog shyte and then complain it's the wrong colour, and then they try and connect the blame to thatcher

FFS Lol - leave it out with the politics for gawds sake

The third paragraph tells you where the money is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

This is a good news story. But never fear Scum the usual suspects will spin it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast