+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Chorley - FA Cup

Prediction League - Chorley - FA Cup

History is a flat circle. In the 80s, Wolves were at their lowest point in club history having suffered through back-to-back-to-back relegations. Less than decade before, we had enjoyed a League Cup victory over Nottingham Forest and were used to competing with the likes of the 80s Everton and Liverpool squads. Now we were heading to Torquay, Hereford and Aldershot. And here comes Chorley. Wolves surely looking for some bright spots in the past few years of misery, would have loved the distraction of a deep Cup run. The cinderella story of a fourth division club making it to Wembley against all odds sounds like a dream. Instead, the cinderella story was the Northern Premier League club toppling former giants Wolves. How quickly a dream becomes a nightmare.

Here we are again, 35 years later. Wolves are not in quite the desperation they were in the mid 80s, but we are at the lowest point of the Nuno era. Chorley are a league above where they were when they beat us in the FA Cup all those years ago. Wolves are dreaming of a Cup run again to distract from the disappointment of their league play. Chorley hope to be giant killers once again.

Chorley 1-3 Wolves

Neto

1) WOODLANDSWOLF - 13.2
    2) abbobrom - 11.4
    3) MichiganWolf - 11.3
    4) nortonwolf - 9.2
    5) wolfiebill - 8.4
    6) plater - 6.3
    7) GrizzledWolf - 5.5
    8) Woking88 - 5.3

Chorley 0-3 Wolves (Neves)

2-0 Wanderers - Traore

Chorley 1 Wolves 4

Neto

Chorley 1 - Wolves 3 (Neto)

Chorley 0 Wolves 3 Cutrone

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Chorley 1 Wolves 4

Neto
    Neto not starting, so I wish to change my scorer to Silva, please.

I'm going for total revenge - wine's gone to me head ....

Chorley 0-3 Wolves

Silva

Mich, like Wokes, as Neves isn't starting I'll go for Cutrone as scorer

Chorley 0 Wolves 4

Donk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)