+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: premier league to investigating Snodgrass deal

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That’s exactly my point Al. But also how can West Ham be so naive to put this term in? But as said a gentleman’s agreement not to play him.. but again this is wrong as you say it can depend on the success or survival of a club.
    The gentleman's agreement at board level is supposition on my part, based on Moyes saying he had no knowledge of any such clause, and me presuming nobody in an administrative level at either club could be so incompetent as to breach such a rule. I could be wrong on both counts though.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ....West Brom being a naive club - lose three points and picking up the salary for a player because West Ham decide they want this clause. Incredible!.....
    Hello Al', I hope all's as well as it can be. Meanwhile it's worth pointing out we may still have lost even if he'd played. He's only been here five minutes and although we're better balanced with him he's not exactly Ronaldo 😊 .

It's an odd one this. Surely neither club would have put this agreement in writing knowing what the rule is. If they did know the rule, what a stupid thing to do and if they didn't know, how incompetent! If it was an unwritten agreement between the two clubs I wouldn't have thought there's anything the PL can do. Having said all this, with the way our season is going, nothing would surprise me as to what the outcome might be.

If this is “unwritten” then there’s no basis in law for it.

Moyes has said he knows nothing about it and Fat Sam can claim he’s got Alzheimer’s.

As long as it was only word of mouth and there’s no texts or emails discussing this then I don’t see how it has legs!

It’s okay to say we should’ve disregarded the “agreement” with West Ham but the next time you’re trying to do a deal with them you make your own life more difficult.

We got nothing from the game, not playing him probably only hurt us.

Nothing to see here other than Albion’s naivety ( allegedly) 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Al', I hope all's as well as it can be. Meanwhile it's worth pointing out we may still have lost even if he'd played. He's only been here five minutes and although we're better balanced with him he's not exactly Ronaldo �� .
    Thanks 68 and battling on or trying.

The point is - he’s completely like Ronaldo that is - compared to Sawyers and he can run like Mo compared to Sawyers too!

I don’t buy a gentleman’s agreement as whilst it’s good practice to have good relationships with others - it’s dog eat dog out there! I bet West Ham are patting each other on the back with the 16 million from Diangana!

You can’t tell me the two p orn guys have professional ethics!!

I think Sam blurted about this agreement because of the last time he tried to keep something dodgy under his hat.

I think it will be a matter of much discussion between the legal beagles of the Parties involved in the transfer. Both clubs, you would have hoped, and I severely doubt they would not have done so, would have taken appropriate advice from their clubs respective legal departments or Counsel with regard to the legality of any particular part of the contract.

Albionic168 identifies a valid point, whereby he indicates that West Ham released Snodgrass from his contract. If that was the case, and Snodgrass generally wished to become an Albion player, then why was there a need for any transfer agreement with the West Ham, with a appendage re Snodgrass’ availability in the forthcoming game.

The last time this happened the FA took no action against the clubs involved, that being Manchester United and Everton. It will be very interesting to see whether they do take action on this occasion. That said, I am unclear whether or not there has been a rule change since that occasion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)