+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAR Lite

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Ah but, when they confirm the penalty, followed by everyone in the studio agreeing, then you’ll know that you’ve been wrong all these years expecting the said infringement to have actually taken place within the box.
    Same at the weekend. The question raise was whether SevCo’s goal was offside or not with the panel dismissing=ng it as marginal if it was.
    Nobody brought up the blatant two handed push that gave him the space.

I am up for giving VAR a go in Scotland. It would be interesting to see how many decisions get reversed involved Celtic and the Govan lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am up for giving VAR a go in Scotland. It would be interesting to see how many decisions get reversed involved Celtic and the Govan lot.
    Probably none. Since the guys on VAR will be retired refs who, as we all know, will have a history of giving dodgy pens to the scum.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Probably none. Since the guys on VAR will be retired refs who, as we all know, will have a history of giving dodgy pens to the scum.
    Do you think with the help of VAR Celtic would have had their second goal disallowed last night?

Do you think with the help of VAR Celtic would have had their second goal disallowed last night?
    I doubt it. I seem to recall a couple of sending off appeals (in effect a retrospective VAR) we have made that were bloody obvious rescind decisions that weren't overturned. Didn't the English media take the piss out of one of those decisions or am I getting mixed up? In the face of this obvious bias I really don't see that VAR would benefit the non-scum teams.

On the other hand it could strengthen the voice of the disadvantage through embarrassing the establishment.

I remember a game at ibrox when the hun scored an undeserved equaliser.

Replay clearly showed the ball at least six inches out of play before the cross came in.

The comment on tv will always remain with me.

“The ball was in, in the spirit of the game”

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post

On the other hand it could strengthen the voice of the disadvantage through embarrassing the establishment.
    No one really wants VAR but the reality is the decisions at times in this country are laughable. Embarrassing the establishment....I am up for that. Give it a shot and see if it makes our game a bit more less biased.

No one really wants VAR but the reality is the decisions at times in this country are laughable. Embarrassing the establishment....I am up for that. Give it a shot and see if it makes our game a bit more less biased.
    Watching the debacle down south, I have absolutely no confidence that VAR would improve the game up here. The hun BitB will always have "it's not a clear and obvious error" "benefit of the doubt to the attacking team" In fact it could make things worse with even more penalties (is that possible -ed) etc given for "there was contact" in the box by a vigilant hun in the video booth. Crap memory but I seem to remember Salah getting a penalty for minimal contact then the following week in remarkably similar circumstances some Sheff Utd/or other diddy getting none not given. Be careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Watching the debacle down south, I have absolutely no confidence that VAR would improve the game up here. The hun BitB will always have "it's not a clear and obvious error" "benefit of the doubt to the attacking team" In fact it could make things worse with even more penalties (is that possible -ed) etc given for "there was contact" in the box by a vigilant hun in the video booth. Crap memory but I seem to remember Salah getting a penalty for minimal contact then the following week in remarkably similar circumstances some Sheff Utd/or other diddy getting none not given. Be careful what you wish for
    It'll be "down to interpretation" of course. The PPV on Saturday ran Team of the Decade before the match, and Jock Brown's incredulity at the filth being awarded a penalty when McCoist backed into 6 and then fell over in the 89 LC final, is obvious. VAR wouldn't have changed that decision in a month of League Cup-winning Sundays.

Take your Smegma-forfarmega drives elsewhere and leave my ****ing game alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12