+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Waiting to start these posts when it gets to 90+1, 90+3, 90+5 etc. is torture when you are relying on text updates. It's not often we score 3 goals so is the fact that we let the opponents also score 3 a bit of a let down? One more on the list of 'could've, should've, would've' games or a good point taken from one of the play off pretenders? The gap at the bottom looks daunting but have the last 2 games served to show we'll be good enough to stay up?

Thoughts?
    Some great performances tonight, Crooks was really on it and was so close with that last effort to getting what would have been a brilliant hat-trick. Smith must have ran a hundred miles.

Stoke had such quality on the bench and were able to claw their way back in.

Hate McLean but that was a reyt ball in for the first equaliser.

All in all very happy. Draw a fair result.

[And breath]

What a game. Literally all 3 possible outcomes were in the reckoning right to the death.

On balance I think I'd have taken a point pre match so I'm satisfied with the result. Crooks was immense and I thought Smith had a decent game too.

Next ........

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    At least their 3 goals means you can keep your nads under wraps
    Too wet tonight CAM ..

Great effort by the lads, you can see the belief now throughout the side. Yes we had a 1 in a 1000 own goal and conceded soft goals from crosses but we didn't let our heads drop and I'm proud of them for that. Earlier on this season I think we would have lost that game. Players coming back, maybe one or two coming in, reasons to be hopeful aplenty. You have to laugh at the subs they can bring on, shows the challenge we face. Great game, UTM!

Cracking game and a fair result against a good quality Stoke side. Not often we score three so make the best of it. Good to see Smudge bag one as well.
    Still in bottom 3 but gone above Owls..
    My MotM.. Crooks.

Yep crookes for me as well. Think if he hadnt been on his hat trick he might have bagged one of those late chances. A good performance none the less. We were always gonna struggle when they brought 4 international subs on.

Pity about Derby winning but in the end we need to just focus on that 50 point mark. So 10 wins out of last 24 games needed. If we keep playing like we did today that is do able.

Well done the Millers & Stoke City tonight, they put on a spectacular performance in a yoyo game of football, playing in very bad weather, the rain coming down in bucket loads.
    Unlucky for Crooks not to have got the hat-trick, but he gave a man-of-the-match performance.

A rest for the players this weekend, hopefully Warne & his scout the computer will bring in a left back, & another forward, in the next week or so, to give the squad a helping hand.

Really enjoyable game and the end result was the fair one.
    We were hanging on by the end a bit. I think the difference was the quality from the opposing subs benches when legs were tired.

Smith MOTM for me. Ran his blood to water

Again.

We suffered tonight by having to play Harding out of position
    allowing too many quality crosses from the right flank. We are
    are desperate for that new left back.Ger Im in Warney.

Crooks took a lot of stick early in the season, and I'll admit to posting that I didn't have confidence in his ability at this level. But he's starting to look like the player that had us so excited last year. If only he'd done a little pitching wedge or put a bit more Steve Davis left side spin on the ball!

Great fighting spirit, as typified by Smudge's fighting the lost cause that led to the first goal. So proud and so sad that those we remembered earlier were not here to witness it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast