+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

A pity Derby won but can see Cov, Brum and Millwall maybe getting drawn down into the mix. First instinct is disappointment about the result but losing would have been far worse and we’re making plenty of chances at the mo which is great.

What a cracking game, always knew when that twohat Mclean came on he would cause us grief, i have to agree with big Kirk about him. Anyway another brilliant performance from the boys only spoiled by a bit of poor defending and a bit of class from them.
    Unfortunate to be behind from the own goal, but they had stretched us then with Hardings sliced ball and Woody missing the challenge, McDonald was unlucky that his touch went in. With the old Millers that would have been goodnight Vienna but there is more about this team, they know they can compete in this company even given the massive financial differences.
    Brilliant pressing again by Smith and good finish from Crooks.
    I liked the way we varied our set pieces today, the second goal although not executed to perfection did the trick, it makes a change to the same lump in and cavalry charge we have used before.
    Crooks was immense today and back to the Tree we know and love, he should have had and deserved the hat trick. I still don't know how that one at the end wasn't a goal, even on the replay it looked like it was going in.
    Blackman. Thought he could have done better with their second, seeemed to be in no mans land, didn't come for it and wasn't on the line to stop it, other than that ok.
    Ihiekwe. Wasn't as commanding as we have seen him earlier on this season, and the defending of high balls into the back was an issue in the second half. That is a rare occurance this season.
    McDonald. As above, unluck with the OG,it could have gone anywhere,
    Wood. I thought he had the best game of the back 3 although became a little ragged towards the end.
    Olosunde. Cracking game he really is coming into his own, his pace and directness had them worried.
    Harding. Got caught out a couple of times today, they found that hole behind him that can expoit us.
    Wiles. Mucky game for him got stuck in and grafted hard, but still made some good runs and had a couple of goalscoring openings.
    Lindsay. Not as effective and in your face as he was on Saturday but he was exceptional then, I think he'd be the first name on my teamlist.
    Barlaser. Didn't have many times when he could put his foot on it and play make, but still managed to compete and cause problems.
    Crooks. Back to his best, although ought to be going home with the match ball, was a real pain in their side all night.
    Smith. Fought, closed down, won headers and scored a goal, what more can you ask of him, a different man to the one in first quarter of the season.
    Overall a very happy bunny, entertaining game but would have liked it to be 4-3 entertaining, against a very good Stoke side who used all their skill and experience, winning free kicks for example, to manage a draw with the Mighty Millers. I have knocked the defence for allowing their goals but have to give them some credit for the class of some of their play. When you can bring on players of the calibre of Fletcher, Allen and McLean you know we have to be at our best.
    One thought though, we have been waiting all season for Oggy to recover, now he has where is he going to fit in this line up?

Great game and a good point. I thought they were going to get a late one, but no. Crookes brilliant, should learn to run across the defender, then he can't touch you. He just made the angle tighter. MOM though(Smith a very close second).

Blackman on walk about for their 2nd goal. For the 3rd should have taken command of the situation in the lead up, instead of a corner, mentioned in the Comms.

Overall a great game played in poor conditions, well done to both teams.

Fantastic game. Congratulations to both teams but Smith & Crookes were immense.

If anyone had have offered 4 pts off Derby & Stoke I would have bitten their hands off.

Hold onto your seats and enjoy the ride.

Very proud tonight & congratulations to Paul Warne on his 200th game as Manager. Here’s to the next 200 Paul.

Really enjoyable game another good performance shame we just couldn't hang on for a win

Well done Millers,that was true entertainment and well worth the tenner to see it.What a match Crooksy had and very unlucky not to get an hat trick.Smithy is such a tireless warrior and well worth his goal.With the the injured lads getting back and a couple of signings I think we are going to be alright.I would like to see a left back brought in first, as Harding looks more at ease on the right than the left.Many thanks to you Mr.Warne on your 200th.

Not good for my nerves watching the millers.great game and got to agree with what’s been said above

Was a 7.5 out of 10 performance. Crooks & Smith both 9. Rest mostly 7. Olosunde 8. Need those signings on the left & striker up to this level, match fit in time for a week tomorrow at Middlesbrough.

Good game against probably one of the strongest squads in the division (5 internationals on the bench)
    With the exception of the Fowls match most enjoyable of the season (so far)
    Made even better by the iFollow commentary (Gooding (?) Payne and Brecks) they're a delight.
    Stoke fans wanting them to transfer to the Bet 365

Plus Rotherham Remembers.
    Proud to see Dad's name there just wish we could have been in the NYS for it
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 19-01-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Just hope some of Weds and Saturdays results go for us. We could end up cut adrift and thats extra pressure then on the games in hand.

Whilst Harding is a good signing, he's not a left wing back as shown tonight when Stoke attacked down that side, all 3 goals came down the left. Ok 1st an OG, 2nd Blackman nowhere for the cross and 3rd he didn't stop the cross( which was brilliant).

They were probably the best side, after Brentford, to come to NYS this season.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast