+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Where did Wes Harding come
    Humble pie anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    It works both ways cayton. What about all those who were saying that I had no clue what I was talking about when I was asking Warny to play 352? Vertually everyone who was against me kept saying that we did not have the players to play that formation but now those same people are saying that it's our best formation and not a single one has come back to me to say you were right BigLad. Humble pie time for a lot of people but they cannot bring themselves to eat it.

Also it's funny how we have improved as a team when wo go out and play football instead of hoofball when most of the same people who were having a go at me about the 352 were also telling me to shut up because I did not know what I was talking about when I was saying that Warny should stop with the negative stuff and let them play. I was told we do not have the players who can play football on the floor in the Championship because we do not have Championship quality players. More humble pie not eaten.

I could go on but what is the point because those same people will only berate me again and when I am proved right yet again they will again fail to eat a slice of humble pie.
    "A change of tactics required for this game as Stoke are pack hunters, they go forward as a pack and defend as a pack so for me we have to play the counter attack game with a change to 4132 and hit them on the break 352 will not cut it this time IMHO that is."

Sorry but that's what you typed days ago. Selective memory or what?

Sage advice...."Good question CAM but as Stoke seem to play the same way whoever they have played away this season I cannot see them changing and if that is the case then it would be stupid to stay with the 352 because it would cause them no threat and put us at a huge disadvantage."

Exactly

Good to see we varied the corner routine instead of lifting it in long to no one in particular.
    Maybe Barks and Hammy have been working on it in training?
    Try doing the same with free-kicks going into the forwards..

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Maybe the people you are having a dig at don't think this board is all about you and what you think. Just a suggestion.
    Not sure about that mate cus there was plenty couldnt wait to have a dig at every post i made and still do pal including you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    "A change of tactics required for this game as Stoke are pack hunters, they go forward as a pack and defend as a pack so for me we have to play the counter attack game with a change to 4132 and hit them on the break 352 will not cut it this time IMHO that is."

Sorry but that's what you typed days ago. Selective memory or what?
    Gally we only played 352 when we has posetion of the ball or did you not read what I posted about the tactics. This time Warny got it right and we defended as a 4 or a 5 not a 3 but I gues your selective memory chose not to see that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Sage advice...."Good question CAM but as Stoke seem to play the same way whoever they have played away this season I cannot see them changing and if that is the case then it would be stupid to stay with the 352 because it would cause them no threat and put us at a huge disadvantage."
    Again we did not play 352 we played a combination of systems that gave us the best chance of getting a result. Who say Warny does not listen to us because something has changed over the last few games. Maybe Dale Tonge has had a big impact on the way we defend?

IMHO he had a great game and for all I care you can say what you like about it as it does not bother me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Again we did not play 352 we played a combination of systems that gave us the best chance of getting a result. Who say Warny does not listen to us because something has changed over the last few games. Maybe Dale Tonge has had a big impact on the way we defend?
    You called it right biglad I think some people may have misread your piece several times

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast