+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Styles

Styles

I think he’s a cracking player ......however

I think has gone missing this last few games, is now ducking 50/50 challenges

I can’t help but think the old head has been turned and self preservation has kicked in

My solution? A pdf to him and his agent explaining how a contract works

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I think he’s a cracking player ......however

I think has gone missing this last few games, is now ducking 50/50 challenges

I can’t help but think the old head has been turned and self preservation has kicked in

My solution? A pdf to him and his agent explaining how a contract works
    It’s something that has crossed my mind.
    The speed and intensity that Barnsley play at could result in one of the players - especially one of the young players - getting a career changing injury.
    It would be a disaster for Styles and the club if he got a broken leg.
    I sometimes cringe when I see him go into tackles.
    So I have the alternative view - Styles is a skilful player - he’s not a clogger - and as such he needs to make sure he looks after himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It’s something that has crossed my mind.
    The speed and intensity that Barnsley play at could result in one of the players - especially one of the young players - getting a career changing injury.
    It would be a disaster for Styles and the club if he got a broken leg.
    I sometimes cringe when I see him go into tackles.
    So I have the alternative view - Styles is a skilful player - he’s not a clogger - and as such he needs to make sure he looks after himself.
    I'd sell him while he's worth something and bring in three more players.

I thought the same he doesn’t look at all happy with his game, it a pity Williams isn’t fit so they can give him a rest.
    I also worry about Mowatt, I like him but he’s not the player from previous seasons and I’d want a straight answer from him, if he’s no intentions of signing a new contract he should be benched and give somebody else a run.

Still only 20 years old guys , let's remember that .

This is his breakthrough season and there's bound to be dips in form now and again .

The lad ain't a left wing back , he's simply filling in for me and he's still done very well .

The quicker he's in that attacking midfield role the better in my opinion .

Time for Mowatt to be sold and Styles to play in the middle if we aren't going to use Styles to fund the club for a couple of seasons.