+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: When will we ever learn

O/T: When will we ever learn

Another historic building being bludgeoned in to dust! - What will replace it? - who knows but will probably an ugly building destined to become student accommodation. Just seems a shame to lose buildings that have links to the past, my parents went to that school back in the 1920’s. Sold off by the Council trying to scrape pennies together to help offset their incompetence, makes me FUME!!!!!!

Name:  6126E164-4983-4A27-BB25-9952FD09255E.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  16.6 KB

Where's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Where's that?
    Radford. Last used as Radford Community Centre. Surplus to requirements apparently!

Was it Benidict Primary School before that?

I notice that the receivers were officially called in to 'Robin Hood Energy' on the 6th Jan. Only cost the council 50 mill of taxpayers money. They're ob skint.

Is it a Fothergill building? The brick colour and turret looks like the style, but then if it was I would expect it to be listed. Looks too good to knock down anyway.

Are the Notts Civic Society involved at all in trying to protect it?

Its a decent size on the corner of a major junction on Ilkeston Road/Gregory Boulevard. Two thirds of Ilkeston Road has been redeveloped, mainly for student living so if it does get flattened I could see another Lidl going up. Real shame because it is a lovely old building, a proper old school house. The other option is maintain the external structure and redevelop as posh apartments . . . unfortunately not the best area for that.

It galls me to think of what was destroyed in this picture, taken opposite of what is now the clock tower entrance to Victoria Shopping centre on Milton St, c1850

Name:  MiltonSt-1850s.jpg
Views: 1541
Size:  96.4 KB

It could have been worse.
    The link below is a 1965 plan for a motorway inner ring road.

http://www.ng-spaces.org.uk/wp-conte...compressed.jpg

Not Gregory Boulevard
    It's where Radford/Lenton Boulevard crosses Ilkeston Road

Used to be called "Ation Corner".....Damnation = Public House.....Ruination = Pawn Shop.....Education = School....Salvation = Church.

These on each of the four corners.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast