+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Are all energy suppliers the same for customer service ?

OT - Are all energy suppliers the same for customer service ?

Without boring everybody to death with the detail, I had the misfortune of contacting British Gas twice this week on behalf of my elderly Mum, who does not have the internet/email and doesn't really understand modern technology.

It was threatening letter and boiler service no show related.

Their response to both complaints was pretty grey and just followed a cut n paste script.

I am trying find an email address for any of the board level members of Centrica, but they seem well hidden.

I am going to recommend that my Mum changes supplier as I really have had enough of BG's couldn't care less attitude.

Are there any other suppliers that stand out in terms of customer service, ease of changing, etc but nobody owned by BG.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Without boring everybody to death with the detail, I had the misfortune of contacting British Gas twice this week on behalf of my elderly Mum, who does not have the internet/email and doesn't really understand modern technology.

Their response to both complaints was pretty grey and just followed a cut n paste script.

I am trying find an email address for any of the board level members of Centrica, but they seem well hidden.

I am going to recommend that my Mum changes supplier as I really have had enough of BG's couldn't care less attitude.

Are there any other suppliers that stand out in terms of customer service, ease of changing, etc but nobody owned by BG.
    I always review my gas and have happily switched. It’s easy. With regards service, they are all as bad as each other. Same with mobile phone companies. It’s a sign of the times.

From a customer service point of view I’d recommend Octopus.

Bulb Energy are very good concerning customer care. I would certainly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    I agree 100% if you switch tell them i sent you think we both get some cash

Hey, I recommended them first 😂

We're with Ovo and I would say that customer service is one of their strengths. However, when this contract lapses in April, I will be switching to Octopus, which has been WHICH's top company for 3 years running.
    I had to sort out the mess an elderly neighbour had got into with British Gas. Nightmare! But she insisted on staying loyal to the company she had been with since the year dot. Avoid Eon too.
    They once claimed I had run up an £8,000 bill in a quarter and threatened me with proceedings. It took 3 months to sort out THEIR mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Not heard of them, but will check them out. Is it easy to switch, sort the cancellation/start dates and payment methods ?
    It will be me doing all the work.

My Mum sticks with names she has heard of !

She gets her electricity from Eon so was thinking about them.

British Gas really are shocking.

Bulb have great customer service.

Chief Executive of Centrica: chris.oshea@centrica.com

Not heard of them, but will check them out. Is it easy to switch, sort the cancellation/start dates and payment methods ?
    It will be me doing all the work.
    It should be but in practice it often is as though no-one has ever done it before, which is probably true because the support staff always seem as if they've only been there for 3hrs in the never ending race to the bottom.

In theory your new supplier should handle it all, you just give them the meter reading(s) and the rest is governed by strict (as in VAR) rules, and of course sales calls are handled promptly but support/customer calls are at the end of the queue. You might be lucky. Just keep a note of everything every step of the way and don't get bullied into installing a smart meter, in fact never get bullied into any with "smart" in its name - usually means it's really dumb.

My Mum sticks with names she has heard of !

She gets her electricity from Eon so was thinking about them.

British Gas really are shocking
    I thought Eon were the British Gas of the electricity world.

I've been with a small supplier with originated and from NZ but have just been advised that Eon have taken them over and am dreading it, so I'll be interested to hear which way you jump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast